healthcare jobs in australia and if there qualifications are equivalent to the uk??

Guest amanda89

Guest amanda89

i am looking to secure a job in australia, i am am healthcare assistant/carer 21 years old, i have my NVQ level 2 and NVQ level 3 in health and social care also my safe handling of medication certificate, and alot of other certificates including, moving and handling, safeguarding of adults etc. i am needing as much help as possible in finding out if the uk qualifications in an NVQ are equivalent to australia's qualifications in the healthcare industry??. any help would be grateful.

Hi

I had similar qualifications when we came and got a job working as a support worker in the community relatively easy. I e-mailed as many care companys as i could find explaining id just arrived and certs i had etc ,i had a couple of responses but took the one nearest to home,lol. My new employer helped me get a blue card and paid for a new First Aid cert for me.

The white Pages on line is good for finding company names and locations, but you may struggle to get much of a response until you are here in Australia.

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

i have the same kinda question. i have an AVCE health and social care qualifacation, and therefore would like to see if there is any way of me useing this to work in australia ona visa or something along the lines like sponsureships. if theres a chance please could you let me know how i can go about doing this? thanks