Not currently working under Nominated Skill, will my skill assessment be approved?

Guest lifehouse28

Guest lifehouse28

Hi,

I am planning to apply for ACS skills assessment for my 176 visa application under NSW state sponsorship or the 175 visa. My nominated application is Software Engineer, but my current work is SAP Functional Consultant for the last 12 months but I have been working as a software engineer for 7 years prior that. The confusing part is that for me to be eligible to either 176 or 175 visa, that I should be working for 12 months for the last 24 months under the nominated category.

I presume that SAP Functional Consultant and Software Engineer falls on two different categories, so if I nominate software engineer, will I not qualify for this visa as I have been working as a SAP Functional Consultant for 12 months in the last 24 months? I cannot nominate my SAP work experience which I presume would be under Business Analyst as I have only 1 year of experience.

Please advise me what to do as I am a bit hesitant whether to pursue my skills assessment because of this issue.

The '12 out of the last 24 months in the nominated occupation' requirement seems to have been removed since the new points test took effect from 1 July - at least it doesn't appear anywhere on the DIAC site that I've been able to find.

Hopefully, one of the RMAs on PIO will answer with information on whether or not that is the case. They have access to the actual regulations and have far more detailed information than is available to the hoi polloi and often point out that the DIAC website isn't 100% reliable.

Guest lifehouse28
if its still the case you are ok, because you have 12 months exp in the last 2 years as software engineer. just because it wasn't the last 12 months is immaterial.

Sorry I forgot to mention. That during that last two years, I was unemployed for a period of 9 months (part of it was taking up an ERP Graduate Certificate course for 3 months) and after that I started working as an SAP Consultant for 1 year and 3 months now. That's why I am not sure of my chances of being positively assessed for my nominated skill (Software Engineer) since its been two years now that I have last done software engineer work although I have a total of continuous 7 years of work under that skill.

Guest duckybfc
The '12 out of the last 24 months in the nominated occupation' requirement seems to have been removed since the new points test took effect from 1 July - at least it doesn't appear anywhere on the DIAC site that I've been able to find.

Is that the case for ALL point scoring based visa applications where you need a minimum 65 points?

Is that the case for ALL point scoring based visa applications where you need a minimum 65 points?

It seems to be. I can no longer find any mention of it anywhere on the DIAC site but you really should check with an RMA as it's important to know for sure.