New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jilkfree1978

Is there really any point in starting this new thread, group 5 will never be processed, maybe its about time we all stop wishing for something that will never happen!

We will never get a visa nor get our money back!!

We have been:Randy-git:

@mlsdq

2231-79ers have moved from cat 3 do cat 4 by redoing skills assessment. It was one of many cockups by DIAC, we shouldn't have been in cat 4 in first place.

I have already moved to cat 3 and have CO and sydneytina got her visa already few months ago (May 2010 on the list). tyasawa got her visa around last week.

Is there really any point in starting this new thread, group 5 will never be processed, maybe its about time we all stop wishing for something that will never happen!

We will never get a visa nor get our money back!!

We have been:Randy-git:

youre ffff right!!

Hi MLSDQ, plse add my details.

Name:Donita

Date of Visa application:25 June 2009

Offshore/Onshore:Offshore

HR / LR:HR

Trade/profession:General Manager

Visa type:175

State (if SS):N/A

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable):

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:new CAT 5?

Medicals submitted:No

Police check submitted:No

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):Not Yet

Date visa granted:

Additional Info (IF applicable):

Thanks

Donita and Paul

It's category 5 now...:'(

Name:wendy2002

Date of Visa application:15.06.10

Offshore/Onshore:Onshore

HR / LR:LR(I guess)

Trade/profession:Cook

Visa type:885

State (if SS):

Post-14th July Category:Cat 5 in Jul 2011

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):n/a

Date visa granted:

Guest gsm886

Does anyone know the appox time of processing of group 5? I lodged in september of 2009, just before they made their new annocment, at that time i was on the "critical skills list" How much longer? I dont think they will ever porcess it, I think they are waiting for us to change the group... even if they got up to these groups

It's category 5 now...:'(

Name:wendy2002

Date of Visa application:15.06.10

Offshore/Onshore:Onshore

HR / LR:LR(I guess)

Trade/profession:Cook

Visa type:885

State (if SS):

Post-14th July Category:Cat 5 in Jul 2011

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):n/a

Date visa granted:

Oh, I can't edit my post. I submitted Police check last year but it's expired already :eek:

Hello All,

This is getting to be somewhat of a joke. Cat 6b, Cat 4 then Cat 5... Why not term it Top Priority, Mid Priority and Low or Non priority. The funny thing for all you guys who so desperately tried to move out of Cat 4 into Cat 3 find themselves back in Cat 4. How weird is that??.. Never mind. I am still optimistic and I know not all agree, but regardless of the renaming of the categories, the processing stays virtually the same. Roll on .

I am still feeling optimistic, but whilst we have the chance before we turn 31 later this year. We have decided to get a working holiday visa and get employer sponsored.

Husband starts his new job in Perth in September on a 3 month trial before they sponsor him. I hope its the right decision - we have all fingers and toes crossed as it's such a risk, but after 28months of waiting we are ready to try anything.

I still hope we are within the 10,000 they plan to process on our 176.

Good luck everyone

Sarah :-)

Hi everyone,

Here is a mail I just received from DIAC. This confirms that some applications in group 5 will start to be processed this financial year. I think we should not lose hope even if the wait could still be long.

"I am writing to update you with information regarding your General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa application and the priority processing arrangements in place.

The information contained in this email is for information only and you do not need to take any action.

This email also contains instructions on how you can obtain the latest information about when your application is nearing assessment by a case officer.

Priority processing arrangements

A new Ministerial Direction came into effect on 1 July 2011 establishing new priority processing arrangements for Skilled Migration applications.

This Direction determines the order in which the department considers applications. Applications accorded a higher priority under these arrangements are assessed ahead of lower priority applications, irrespective of when the application is lodged.

In line with these arrangements GSM has commenced assessing skilled migration applications which fall within its processing responsibility in the current order:

Priority 1: Applications from people who have applied for a Skilled - Regional (subclass 887 visa)

Priority 2: No GSM applications are included within this group

Priority 3: Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency’s state migration plan

Priority 4: Applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) - Schedule 1 in effect from 1 July 2011 (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf)

Priority 5: All other applications

Your application is now grouped in priority 5.

The department does not anticipate that the creation of an additional priority group, as per this Direction, will impact negatively on the processing of applications which were previously in priority group 4 and are now in priority group 5. This is because recent reforms have impacted on the volume of applicants waiting for a skilled migration outcome.

To find out more information about the priority processing arrangements in place, see: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/24apriority_skilled.htm

2011-2012 Migration Program Year

On 10 May 2011, the Minister announced the Migration Program for 2011-2012 to be set at 185,000 places, 72,460 of which are allocated to the GSM program.

Taking into consideration current application rates and the overall number of GSM places available the department expects to commence processing of some priority group 5 applications in this program year.

Once commenced, processing of priority group 5 applications will take place in date of lodgment order, after all applications of a higher priority have been allocated for assessment.

As required by the Direction, priority will continue to be given to GSM applications in higher priority groups which will affect the overall number of priority group 5 applications assessed. It is therefore anticipated that many priority group 5 applicants will still have a long wait for visa processing.

Information about the status of your application

You can now view updates on the status of your application at our website: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/lodged-information.htm

This website contains information on current allocation dates, processing times and general information about GSM visa processing and can assist you to determine when your application is nearing assessment.

Comparing the published information about which applications are currently being allocated to case officers, to the lodgment date of your application, may give you an indication of when you can expect your application to be allocated.

Please be aware however, that the allocation of applications in priority group 5 will continue to be affected by the number of applications received in higher priority groups.

We therefore recommend that you monitor the status of your application via this website.

Options available to applicants in priority group 5

The options available if you were outside Australia when you made your application are to:

continue to await a decision on your visa application

consider your eligibility for an employer sponsored visa, which would require a new visa application;

consider your eligibility for nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, which would require a new visa application (unless the relevant application was lodged before 1/7/10)

withdraw your application.

The options available if you were in Australia when you made your application are to:

continue to live and work in Australia (if your visa permits) while awaiting a decision on your visa application

consider your eligibility for an employer sponsored visa, which would require a new visa application

consider your eligibility for nomination by a state and territory government under a state migration plan, which would require a new visa application (unless the relevant application was made before 1/7/10)

apply for another substantive visa

withdraw your application and depart Australia unless you hold another visa permitting you to remain.

If you have been granted another visa for migration to or permanent residence in Australia and no longer require your GSM application to be processed you can withdraw your application so that it can be finalised. Withdrawal letters, signed by each applicant aged 18 years or over, can be scanned and emailed to gsm.documents@immi.gov.au. It is important to note that applicants who withdraw their application due to extended processing times are not entitled to a refund of the Visa Application Charge or compensation for other costs incurred in making an application.

Contacting Us

Departmental officers must adhere to these priority processing arrangements and have no discretion to work outside of these arrangements.

We therefore ask that you limit enquiries about your GSM application to essential matters and refrain from making progress enquiries.

Unless a change to the priority processing arrangements is made by the Minister, there is nothing further that the department can advise in relation to when your application will be assessed.

It is recommended that you regularly check the information on allocation dates and processing time service standards available at: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/lodged-information.htm

In the event that the priority processing arrangements do change, you will be contacted about how this affects your application.

Yours sincerely,

General Skilled Migration"

Do you have any reference to it? I mean location on web or so?

No it is just an email I received with the letterhead of DIAC. I don't think you will find another source on the net. But if you're in cat 5, you will probably receive it soon.