Police record check & health check

I sent off my nursing registration today, have been doing more research into the move to OZ.

How do I go about getting my police check done that is suitable and accepted by australian government?

Also what about the health checks? is it worth me doing all of this before I receive my registration... me is thinking ahead :D

:goofy:

thank you :)

Hi nurseval

Police check details below.

UNITED KINGDOM

Police certificates are issued by The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) and cover applicants who have lived or currently reside in England, Wales, Scotland, the Channel Islands (Guernsey & Jersey), the Isle of Man and Northern Ireland.

Relevant document

ACPO Police Certificate.

Apply Application forms and guidance on how to apply for the police certificates for residents and non-residents can be located online at http://www.acpo.police.uk otherwise contact ACPO directly:

Phone 0845 601 3999

Email acro.policecertificates@acro.pnn.police.uk

Forms obtainable online or by contacting ACPO.

Fee payable.

Website http://www.acpo.police.uk

Normally, you'd wait until your case officer has requested medical/police checks before getting them done as medicals/police checks have an expiry date, so you could end up in the situation where you'd have to get them done again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest emmagc1974

Hi Does anyone know if the Police Certificate details spent convictions etc or does it simply state that there are no ongoing investigations etc. ie If a person had a conviction in the last 2 years and one 15 years ago would they be detailed on the certificate? and if they have had nothing since would the certificate simply show "no trace"?

Thanks for any help anyone can give going through a very stressful morning!

Hi Does anyone know if the Police Certificate details spent convictions etc or does it simply state that there are no ongoing investigations etc. ie If a person had a conviction in the last 2 years and one 15 years ago would they be detailed on the certificate? and if they have had nothing since would the certificate simply show "no trace"?

Thanks for any help anyone can give going through a very stressful morning!

It says NO LIVE TRACE meaning you have spent convictions it does not give details of what they are. LIVE TRACE for convictions not spent & I think they are listed.

DIAC know that's what it means and if you haven't done so already will ask you to explain them and how you have rehabilitated since then.

To be honest No Live Trace could mean anything, I got a police certificate last year so I would know what to expect when I had to get them for my 176, last year I had "No Live Trace", This year I got "No Trace". Random but for something so important you would at least think they would be consistent!!! :eek: