What we put in our Offshore Partner Visa Application

belaroy

I found when researching about the Offshore Partner Visa that I had to go through loads of posts in a lot of threads to find all the little bits that are required for the application.

At first it appeared quite daunting and I thought we may struggle. After breaking it all down in to little pieces it is actually fairly straight forward. I came to the conclusion that what Immigration are trying to stop is arranged marriages for cash and organised crime. If you are in a genuine reationship then I feel there is nothing to worry about. I also figured that if they don't believe we have been together for 11 years and married for 7 with 2 children then they can quite frankly poke it:Randy-git:

So here is what we put in the Wifes application for the Offshore partner Visa.

Please note this has not yet been seen by a case worker...

Form 47SP

Form 40SP

certified copies of the following: ( just popped in to the local solicitors and they signed and stamped them for FREE)

Wifes birth certificate

Wifes passport

Marriage certificate

My passport

My birth certificate

Wifes Police certificate - the only original certificate required

2 x Form 888 ( we are keeping this quiet from my family a the moment do got an old family friend and my mate to do them)

copies of the following:

( We put only one copy for each year that I had paperwork for)

9 years mortgage papers

land registry notification for current house

4 years child benefit papers

3 years car insurance ( we are named drivers on each others car)

2 years home insurance

6 years of council tax papers

3 different bank accounts we share

2 holiday bookings

2 wedding invites( only put them in as we recently were invited - we dont keep things like that)

Wifes relationship declaration

My relationship declaration

( both ended up around 1 1/2 pages when typed - definitely not war and peace)

3 years of P60's for me

2 years of a health insurance we took out years ago with a mortgage.

4 passport sized photos of Wife

2 passport sized photos of me

That is about it really. We didn't put in any photo's as I figure if the above doesn't prove it a photo aint going to change their minds ( I hope ). I have read on posts photos and invites etc do not hold much weight at all.

We left out the medical and will wait for the request as this will help spread the costs and we will have to plan the day out to the Doctors as none are near where we live.

I know it seems a lot and apart from the application forms there is around 50 pages of documents. I am a bit anal about keeping paperwork so found it quite easy to find everything out.

I hope this helps. We are certainly not stressed about the process as we will be more than stressed when we sell the house and make the move. This bit is out of our hands and we are not in any great rush with the move.

Along with updating the sticky timeline thread I will update this thread if further info is required along with timescales

cheers

Almost forgot, A BIG THANKYOU to all the PIO members who post their knowledge and experiences on this site. It is a wealth of information and I really do not think we could have done any of this without this site. From getting the visa application sent off to finding out which moving company to use etc. etc.

Thanks again, its very much appreciated:notworthy:

Just received an email confirming our application has been received. They have asked for the medical and to answer a question we missed DOH!!! and they have also asked for certified copies of the kids birth certificates.

5-6 months has been quoted for a timescale.