Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Re entering on an e676 visa

Hi guys

Can someone please help.....

I am currently in Oz on an e676 visa granted on 31/7/10, it states in my visa approval letter;

"The Subclass 676 Tourist visa allows the visa holder to travel to and enter Australia on more than 1 occasion until 31 July 2011. The visa holder is permitted to remain in Australia, after each entry, for a period of 12 Months."

What I need to know is, if I leave Australia and then re-enter again before 31 July 2011 am I entitled to another year here? And if so, will I be allowed to leave and re-enter again between the date I arrive and the date that the visa expires or is it only on the condition that I stay in Australia and don't exit again before 31 July 2012?

I am flying back to the UK in Aug for a month to submit my application for the offshore partner visa but want to return the following month to be with my partner as I am pregnant and we are expecting a baby together in November. I have been told that I can return on a visitor visa if I leave again for the partner visa to be granted. Obviously it would be ideal if I am already covered by my current visa to return rather then re-applying for another tourist visa.

Thanks

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by tamsin View Post
      Hi guys

Can someone please help.....

I am currently in Oz on an e676 visa granted on 31/7/10, it states in my visa approval letter;

"The Subclass 676 Tourist visa allows the visa holder to travel to and enter Australia on more than 1 occasion until 31 July 2011. The visa holder is permitted to remain in Australia, after each entry, for a period of 12 Months."

What I need to know is, if I leave Australia and then re-enter again before 31 July 2011 am I entitled to another year here? And if so, will I be allowed to leave and re-enter again between the date I arrive and the date that the visa expires or is it only on the condition that I stay in Australia and don't exit again before 31 July 2012?

I am flying back to the UK in Aug for a month to submit my application for the offshore partner visa but want to return the following month to be with my partner as I am pregnant and we are expecting a baby together in November. I have been told that I can return on a visitor visa if I leave again for the partner visa to be granted. Obviously it would be ideal if I am already covered by my current visa to return rather then re-applying for another tourist visa.

Thanks

You are entitled to enter and re enter Australia up until the 31/07/2011 each time you re enter up untill this date you can stay for 12 months from the date you re enter.

For example if you leave and re enter on the 30/07/2011 you can stay for 12 months then you have to leave because you will probally have a "no further stay" condition on the visa.

If you want to re enter after the 31/07/2011 you would need a new visa as the 676 visa would have expired.

I would advise you to ring the Australian department of immigration if your unsure.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1810 times
      Rep
      Hi Tamsin.

Why are you applying offshore?

Do you have an 8503 condition attaching to your existing visa?

Best regards.
      Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas, www.gomatilda.com - Principal, GM Tax, www.gmtax.com.au
      Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534, and CA (England & Wales, and Australia)

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Alan Collett View Post
      Hi Tamsin.

Why are you applying offshore?

Do you have an 8503 condition attaching to your existing visa?

Best regards.
      Hi Alan,
      Yes I do have an 8503 on my visa. I have also bought the flights home already (non refundable) money's quite tight at the moment aswell so even if I could get the 8503 waiver we can't afford to pay the extra $800 for the onshore visa.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1810 times
      Rep
      My recommendation is that you head to the UK and lodge your spouse visa application in London in the next month.

Then return to Australia while your subclass 676 visa allows you to return (ie before the end of July).

Best regards.
      Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas, www.gomatilda.com - Principal, GM Tax, www.gmtax.com.au
      Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534, and CA (England & Wales, and Australia)

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Alan Collett View Post
      My recommendation is that you head to the UK and lodge your spouse visa application in London in the next month.

Then return to Australia while your subclass 676 visa allows you to return (ie before the end of July).

Best regards.
      Thanks Alan
      If I could do that it would be ideal, unfortunatly I'm bound to my dates as I am also flying back to be a bridesmaid for my best friend.
      Tamsin

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1810 times
      Rep
      Then I think there is a risk that you will not be in a position to return to Australia until your spouse visa is granted.

Best regards.

•