Working Holiday Visa Second Year Refused

Guest chrisv1711

Guest chrisv1711

Hi All,

My name is Chris and I would really appreciate somebodys advice or expierence if they have been in a similar situation. I recently applied for a 2nd year working holiday visa. I did the work but it was off the "books" and I was paid in cash and have no proof other than signed form 1263 that I was on the farm. Didnt think i would need to keep bus tickets or accommodation reciepts has evidence. After a day or so immigration sent me this email requiring third party evidence that i did the work and I have since found out that this farmer has been investigated for signing off uncompleted work or no work at all. I dont have any other evidence but have six months left on my first year and was planning on travelling around regional australia and doing farm work anyway so this leads in to my questions

1. Can i withdraw the application now and resubmit with other work now I will know to keep all evidence (after i do 3 months on legit farm)?

2. They said I have been granted a bridging visa. Will this only come into effect after my first year is up or straight away?

I have put immigration email below.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated. Have the loveliest girlfriend in Oz and the thought of not seeing her is actually making me feel sick. Thanks a million.

Chris:biggrin:

This email relates to your 2nd Working Holiday visa application.

Evidence of Specified Work

As part of your visa application, you are required to provide evidence of specified work.

Thank you for providing a completed Form 1263. However please note this evidence is insufficient for the grant of your visa.

You are requested to provide alternative third-party evidence that you have completed specified work with this employer in the claimed regional area, for example:

• A bank statement covering the entire period of your claimed specified work is the most efficient form of evidence. This information is still ideal if you worked in a voluntary capacity i.e. unpaid work such as WWOOF (Willing Workers On Organic Farms) and or paid cash-in-hand.
  • Bus tickets, accommodation or general receipts in your name;
  • Group certificates;
  • Tax returns;

Please note, if the documents do not identify you as the owner of the account or receipts, it is not weighed highly as alternate evidence.

For specified work undertaken before 1 May 2005, please provide other documentation as evidence of your work. This may include payslips, PAYG Summary sheets, tax returns ( ATO group certificates) and employer references.

This information can be provided by postage mail to:

2nd WHM Centre

Cairns Regional Office

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

PO Box 1269

Cairns QUEENSLAND 4870

AUSTRALIA

This information must be provided within 28 calendar days of this notice.

If the requested information is outstanding after this date, a decision will be made on your application on the basis of the information already provided.

Bridging Visa

You have now been granted a Bridging Visa A. If your current visa application has not been decided by the time your last substantive visa ceases to be in effect, the Bridging Visa A will come into effect. The purpose of a bridging visa is to allow an applicant to remain lawfully in Australia until a decision is made on their visa application.

The Bridging Visa A has the same work conditions as those on the substantive visa you held at the time of application.

As you were in Australia at the time of making your application, you must be in Australia at the time a decision is made on your application.If a need to travel overseas arises during the processing of your application please inform the Department prior to travel so that we can advise you of the available options.

New Fraud Public Interest Criterion

On 2 April 2011, the department introduced a new Public Interest Criterion (PIC) that has been applied to certain visa subclasses. The Fraud PIC is aimed to minimise the level of fraud present in visa applications by providing a strong disincentive to those considering submitting false or misleading information in relation to an application.

Where an applicant is found to have supplied false, misleading or bogus information and/or documentation to the department, the application will be refused

Guest siamsusie

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

I do hope you manage to reach a satisfactory conclusion to your dilemma!

Susie x

You can withdraw the application and by the sounds of it this would be your best option to. Did you really think you could just say you did the work and not have to prove it? :wideeyed: Thankfully this mistake has been made whilst you still have plenty of time left.

Guest chrisv1711
You can withdraw the application and by the sounds of it this would be your best option to. Did you really think you could just say you did the work and not have to prove it? :wideeyed: Thankfully this mistake has been made whilst you still have plenty of time left.[/quote

I know its was very stupid of me but after to speaking to fellow backpackers on WHV who were working on the same farm has me they said they got theres processed without even sending a form 1263 so I thought it was quite relaxed and they didnt really check.

So what do I need to do to withdraw it? Can I do it online? Just worried that they will think I am lying especially because of the bad history with this farmer. I spoke to him about it and was very annoyed etc and he even offered to make me fraudlent bank stattements (for a fee) which leads me to believe that this kind of thing is a very lucrative side business for him and confirms the reasons why immigration are investigating him.

Thanks a million!!

tell them, you didnt know about the extra evidence needed and cant provide any and would like to withdraw the application for now but would be willing to grass him up on his offer to fraudulantly make up bank statements!!! they might like that idea!

by the way, to answer one of your other questions, try reading your email again, specifically this bit:-

"You have now been granted a Bridging Visa A. If your current visa application has not been decided by the time your last substantive visa ceases to be in effect, the Bridging Visa A will come into effect"

Archived