next step after ielts please

Guest Lynne70

Guest Lynne70

Hello, still just getting started:unsure: i have a couple of questions if anyone can help please. I have passed my ielts and now would like to know the next step as a nurse. I am not a natural with computers so find the web sites all quite confusing. So now a little lost.

Does anyone know how much it costs for an agent?

Thanks for any help much appreciated

Lynne x

PS just came back from a quick visit to Brissy met up with my friends who moved over 3 years ago and they still love Australia. Cant blame them i love the place too

Hi lynne70

Next step if you are applying for a permanent residency visa is to get your skills assessed by the ANMAC.

http://www.anmc.org.au/

You will need the full assessment and this will take approx 12 weeks, though I have recently read that a fellow PIO member is still waiting after 16 weeks.

The cost is roughly £440 but I think the cost has just recently increased so may be more.

Once you have your letter of determination from the ANMAC you can then apply for your visa.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Guest Lynne70

Thanks i have emailed anmc just waiting to hear back. Any idea how long the whole migration process takes for nurses?

Thanks again Lynne x

Guest Guest 47403
Thanks i have emailed anmc just waiting to hear back. Any idea how long the whole migration process takes for nurses?

Thanks again Lynne x

Hi Lynne

As already stated next step is your skills assesment go on to the ANMC website for full details, are you wanting to get state sponsored? if so that will be next after the skills assesment then apply for a 176 visa, but you will also need to get registered with APHRA which takes ages so worth starting ASAP.

All in time wise if you do it properly a 176 is taking about 3-4 months at the moment so about 12-18 months in total.

Hope this helps Baz

Guest Lynne70

Thanks not going for sponsorship as i have 3 girls and single mum so need to organise my shifts so wont be full time. What is APHRA?

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

AHPRA is Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, you need to get registered with.them too. If you go State Sponsored, 176 visa, it speeds up the process and you are not bound to work for one employer just committed to living in the State for 2 years, so would work with your family.

Good luck,

Sharon,

Hi Lynne,

not sure about an agent, I didn't use one, others do, suppose just depends on how straight forward your case is. You can go online at the DIAC website and download a paper application form to see what it would entail for your family. I asked lots of questions on this site, there are lots of very helpful and knowledgeable peeps on here always ready to advise,

Sharon.

Guest Lynne70

Thanks Sharon, i am not great at web sites and find it all quite daunting to be honest. I will follow your advice thanks though. When and where do you go?

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

the websites are a bit baffling sometimes but do print off all the application forms, even if you are going to fill them in online, much easier to follow when you hold it in your hand as ink and paper. We are going to South Australia, off for a reccie next month, hoping to move permanently next summer. And don't forget, if you get a bit lost in jargon ask on here :)

Sharon

Guest Lynne70

thanks and good luck. Only been to Queensland and loved it feels like home. really wish you all the luck oh and flying on christmas day is alot cheaper.

Lynne

Guest Guest 47403

Lynne if it's brissie your hoping to head for getting state sponsorship off QLD would be your best option, doesn't limit who you can work for just the state you move to and if your heading there anyway it just speeds up the whole process.

Archived