457 - Age and special Circumstances

Guest Guest51968

Guest Guest51968

Hi There

I wonder if any has any experience of the special circumstances and applying for PR if a 457 is granted and your in the 45-50 year age band....

I am in the running for a job (no offer yet) that comes with an Employee Sponsored 457.

Unfortunately I turn 45 in October this year (2011)

If the visa is granted under the special circumstances for 45-50 year olds, would that also mean my future application for PR after 2 years in Aus would be looked on favourably as at that time I could be 47 or even 48??

Any help / comments or experiences would be gratefully welcome as the big fear for us is going over on the 457 - then getting PR knocked back once there.

many Thanks

Mark

Guest Guest26012
Hi There

I wonder if any has any experience of the special circumstances and applying for PR if a 457 is granted and your in the 45-50 year age band....

I am in the running for a job (no offer yet) that comes with an Employee Sponsored 457.

Unfortunately I turn 45 in October this year (2011)

If the visa is granted under the special circumstances for 45-50 year olds, would that also mean my future application for PR after 2 years in Aus would be looked on favourably as at that time I could be 47 or even 48??

Any help / comments or experiences would be gratefully welcome as the big fear for us is going over on the 457 - then getting PR knocked back once there.

many Thanks

Mark

Hi we came over in 2008 when i was 47. I was sponsored on a 457 visa, nurse, and my employer at the time sponsored me for PR after 3 months. Things were a little bit easier then, i think. I have to say if i had thought intensely about the 457 visa then i would have been a bit more wary! But, hey, it worked for us so it could be fine for you! We were granted PR under the special circumstances umbrella because they could not fill the position with anyone local! I wish you luck and hope all goes well. :biggrin: