visa for permanent residency

Guest graflicks

Guest graflicks

Hi,

I would like to live in Sydney permanently (NSW), I arrived with a 1 year Working Holiday Visa in April 2011.

After doing some research, Visa 176 (State Sponsorhip) seemed to be the right choice for me, the only issue is that at the moment, the only state offering sponsorship for graphic designer is ACT (Canberra) and the status of the skill is limited and on top of that the state requires that I have worked in that industry for 9 months in Canberra prior to my visa application.

Any ideas if there is a more flexible visa out there that would enable me to live in the New South Wales area permanently or more than 1 year?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have listed below my points test result.

Age = 30 points

English language ability = 25 points

Designated Language = 5 points

Specific Work Experience = 5 points

Nominated Skilled Occupation = 50 points (graphic/web designer)

Graphic Designer: ANZCO CODE: 232411 / ASCO CODE: 253313 / VETASSESS

Web Designer: ANZCO CODE: 232414 / ASCO CODE: 253313 / VETASSES

Total Points: 115 Points

The graphic/web designer is listed on the following schedule on SOL: schedule 1 + 2 + 3

I have a member of family that is Australian

And

I have an HND in music production, maybe I could use this as an alternative option?

(399516 Sound Technician 4992-11 Sound Technician TRA 60)

I look forward to hearing from you all

Thank you.

The graphic / web designer occupations are on schedule 4 not schedule 3 which means that state sponsorship is required. Based on your own research this looks like it won't be an option for you.

The sound technician options are only options if you have recent wor experience, what are you working as at the moment; sound technician or graphic designer?

You have only just arrived on the WHV, I would be inclined to thin that your best bet is to seek work in your desired career and hope to get employer sponsorship.

Just would like to highlight that there will be a new point system in July-11 so unless you want to lodge you application by June you should use the new point system instead.

All the best to you, cheers...

Guest graflicks
The graphic / web designer occupations are on schedule 4 not schedule 3 which means that state sponsorship is required. Based on your own research this looks like it won't be an option for you.

The sound technician options are only options if you have recent wor experience, what are you working as at the moment; sound technician or graphic designer?

You have only just arrived on the WHV, I would be inclined to thin that your best bet is to seek work in your desired career and hope to get employer sponsorship.

Thanks for correcting me on the schedule part. Graphic design is the industry I will be working in as I was doing this prior to my arrival. I have started to network and to seek for work in NSW area, with a little bit of luck and persistence, I should find employer sponsorship.

[quote name=1059179

Just would like to highlight that there will be a new point system in July-11 so unless you want to lodge you application by June you should use the new point system instead.

All the best to you, cheers...

That's great to know, if the new point system works in my favor, this could offer other options down the line if things get complicated.

Thanks a lot for helping me out!

G.

• 1 month later...

Hi G,

My husband is a Web/Graphic Designer and we have applied for a permanent visa in 2009 - still waiting for it to be processed!

We would love to know if you have any luck with companies as we haven't found anything searching from England.

I wish you the best of luck.

Sarah:smile: