Who should witness Aussie stat decs for a partner VISA submitted in UK?????

Guest lain

hi,

I am applying for a partner VISA, subclass 309, from the UK. I have statutory declarations from family and friends both in the UK and in Australia. I know I have to get the UK statutory declarations witnessed by a solicitor.

What about the statutory declarations made in Australia then sent over to me? These declarations have been witnessed in Australia according to the list in the 'Parter Migration Booklet', so eg by a Doctor. They will be included in my submission to the Australia High Commission in London. Have I done the right thing?

The certification of documents instructions on the Austrlia High comission website refers to who can certify documents in the UK - I am unsure whether this refers to only those declarations actually made in the UK (in which case I'll be ok) or whether this includes all statutory declarations included in the application.

Does anyone have any advice on this based on their experience? Any help gratefully received!!

Thanks!

thanks! And so does that mean I still get to use the list of who can witness the Australian declaration (which is much longer than the UK allowable witness list), even though it is being used for a submission in the UK?

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, the stat dec signed and witnessed in Australia needs to be witnessed by someone from the Australian list. If a stat dec is signed and witnessed in the UK you can only use someone from the reduced list as shown by DIAC.

I'm having trouble locating details of who can witness stat decs written in the UK. Any chance you can point me in the direction of the UK reduced list you mention above?

Many thanks!

Archived