DeFacto Visa- Citizen by Grant or Permanent Resident?

Guest ellynandpaul

Guest ellynandpaul

Hey guys!!

I know this probablly sounds like a stupid question! But on the form to Sponsor Paul for this Visa, which one do I tick as my citizenship/residence status in Australia??

I moved to Australia when I was 4 with my mum who became a citizen after marrying my step-father and living there for 2 years. I became a citizen because she did. Do I tick that I am a permanent resident or citizen by grant? I have lived in Australia for 19 of the past 20 years of my life (I am 23 almost 24).

It's probablly a simple answer and I feel silly asking! hehe!

xxx

Guest ellynandpaul

also- what can I use as proof of length of residence? I have a certified copy of my Citizenship Certificate done! eek!

Guest ellynandpaul
You're a citizen by grant if you gained that when your mum did. Why would you need to prove your length of residence?

it says that i need proof of my length of residence on the form! hmmmmmm, i guess i have proof from my payslips and australian tax assessments that ive lived there a long time! haha! thank you :)