Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Working holiday bridging visas???

Hey all, I'm currently on my second year working holiday visa which runs out on the 7th May but don't want to go back home!! If I apply for a regional sponsorship visa (475) will they grant me some sort of temp visa so I can stay until such time that its granted (crossed fingers)

My profession is a chef, which I see is on the SOL schedule 4 list. Am I right in thinking this and my qualifications (NQV3), experience(7+) will be enough for me to qualify???

Cheers!!

PSS International Removals

Title
      Legend
      Liked
      402 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by 2shoes View Post
      Hey all, I'm currently on my second year working holiday visa which runs out on the 7th May but don't want to go back home!! If I apply for a regional sponsorship visa (475) will they grant me some sort of temp visa so I can stay until such time that its granted (crossed fingers)

My profession is a chef, which I see is on the SOL schedule 4 list. Am I right in thinking this and my qualifications (NQV3), experience(7+) will be enough for me to qualify???

Cheers!!
      Nearly sure that's offshore, you won't get a bridging visa on an offshore visa

Also think you need either state or family sponsorship for a 475, do you qualify for state sponsorship?

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      140 times
      Rep
      You can only get a bridging visa if you apply for an onshore visa and a 475 is an offshore visa.

As far as I know, the only onshore visas that can be applied for from a 417 WHV are employer sponsored 457, 856 ENS and 857 RSMS visas and the Regional Sponsored (provisional) 487 visa. The onshore equivalent of a 475 is a 487.

You are only eligible to apply for a 487 (or 475) if you have been granted state sponsorship and you'll only get that if your occupation appears on the State Migration Plan (SMP) for a state or territory. Just having an occupation listed on Schedule 4 isn't enough - that's really only a masterlist from which the states can select occupations for their SMPs.
      Last edited by Ozmaniac; 16-03-2011 at 07:50 AM.

•