What category am I ?

janmal

Guest smithys

Hi.

I have a feeling that unless you have a STATE sponsorship, unfortunately you are Cat 3 (if your occupation is on the SOL)

State sponsored applicants on the Migration Plans are currently Cat 2.

Hopefully someone else will see your question and be able to advise.

I wish you luck x

Sounds right to me - here's how I understand it.

Employer sponsored - cat 1

State sponsored - cat 2

Family Sponsored - cat 3

Independent - cat 4

Guest smithys

I think it pretty much goes like this:

Cat 1 is employer sponsored,

Cat 2 is State sponsored AND on the SMP.

Cat 3 applies to all applications that are on the SOL, schedule 3, can be 175 or 176 but NOT on a SMP and sponsored by that state.

Cat 4 is everything else not on the SOL, schedule 3 but on the rest of the SOL schedules.

If that makes sense??!

PHEW!!

Can anyone help?

On line application submitted 176 (family sponsored), Oct 2008, primary teacher !

Which category does that put me in?

Been waiting, now getting fed up !

Hi

I have just checked the list for you and primary teachers re not on the SOL. (sorry to be the bearer of bad news) so you will be cat 4. Here's a link to the SOL Australia Immigration | Australia Visas | Australian Skilled Migration Occupations List

Guest VickyMel

Unfortunately Family Sponsored are not Cat 3 unless they are on the current SOL list.

So if not you will be Cat 4 as per Smithys and Sherbert dip

I think (not sure as the rules changed a bit and I'm not sure about family sponsored) but if your occupation is on your state you may still be able to switch to state sponsored ?? but check it out as I am not sure?

Guest Alibajwa
Can anyone help?

On line application submitted 176 (family sponsored), Oct 2008, primary teacher !

Which category does that put me in?

Been waiting, now getting fed up !

Dude u r in Category-4 whose processing will take ages.......... u shd consider for state sponsorship of NT or SA and then after sponsorship u can switch to 176 state sponsor from 176 family sponsor.

Regards

Eli

Unfortunately Family Sponsored are not Cat 3 unless they are on the current SOL list.

So if not you will be Cat 4 as per Smithys and Sherbert dip

I think (not sure as the rules changed a bit and I'm not sure about family sponsored) but if your occupation is on your state you may still be able to switch to state sponsored ?? but check it out as I am not sure?

We are cat 3 :biggrin:

Archived