Overseas penal clearance certificate 1

4lan

G'day all,

I'm hpoing that someone can help.

While my wife is at work I often keep an eye on her emails and visa application for any new development.

While signed on the DIAC website I noticed an entry for today stating we have been sent an email.. Now because we have appointed an agent I presume this has gone straight to them and I'll have to wait for details of that. However following a quick "text" to my wife I've sountered into the "Document Checklist" section and have been presented with a load of "Mets" and a couple of "Not Applicable" (she changed from familiy to state sponsored).

My question is this, the medical forms are showing as requested (having been for our last week I know what these are, the clinic should be finalising them today) but what is the "Overseas penal clearance certificate 1" refering to? We have both completed and received the Police Records Check with "No Trace" results having been forwarded to our Agent so I'm a little confused as to what else this could be..

As always any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

- 4lan.

Thank you for your reply.

Police Certs? is that what it refers to?

We received the certificates and forwarded them in late January so they aren't even a month old...

Hmm, I'm beginning to suspect there is something significant afoot....

- 4lan.

Is it maybe just the fact that the CO just hasn't up-dated your checklist to MET yet???? or maybe the PC's hadn't uploaded properly when they were done???? These r all just guesses so hey don't take my word for it, just trying to think of possibilities for you.

Lynette

Yeah, I thought u knew that by the way u were speaking and saying that u had already done your medicals. There should also be a bit on the documents checklist saying when the CO had sent u an e-mail to ask for the medicals and PC's.

Congratulations if u hadn't realised that, u now have a CO................Happy days! :)

Lynette

Yeah, I thought u knew that by the way u were speaking and saying that u had already done your medicals. There should also be a bit on the documents checklist saying when the CO had sent u an e-mail to ask for the medicals and PC's.

Congratulations if u hadn't realised that, u now have a CO................Happy days! :)

Lynette

Oh my goodness, that's great! Thanks for the confirmation!

I hadnt realised as once we had the state sponsorship confirmed we requested our police certificates and booked our medicals intending to front-load them... looks as if we've timed it well!

I expect the police checks to be with the DIAC in the next couple of days, forwarded from our Agent, and the medicals to be finalised (fingers crossed) this week, we had ours completed last week!!!

Awesome!

- 4lan.

No Probs.

We too just did our Medicals last week so they'll be currently flying their way over to Sydney as we speak. We uploaded our PC's at the weekend so the visa will hopefully be in the next few weeks.

Where abouts r you guys going anyhow????

We're off to WA, just south of Perth :)

Lynette

Well fringers crossed its a swift grant for you!!

My wonderful wife and I are all set to set up digs in Darwin, NT!

Things are soooo sureal at the moment... If it wasnt for still having to suffer the excrutiating pain of my job each day I'd have to pinch myself to check I was awake! haha

- 4lan.

Hello all

Congrats on your co to the both of you and hope it all flys by now so the waiting is over for you and the next fruitfull chapter begins :biggrin:

I dont mean to hijack your thread but i done a search on medicals and your's came top of the list and i can see yours would still be fresh in the mind,

Can i ask you what the Meds were like? and what they involved?

I know they will want x-rays, and possible blood test's/sample's and such but i was wondering how in depth the rest was?

My dilema is just of late my knee has been playing up a bit, all the bending down (plumber)

Now im wondering should i try to get it sorted before the meds (and risk hobbling in) or sort it after.

I know it is not a big problem and i have complete mobility in it, I just want to get things sorted here before i go, so I ask myself should i get it sorted before or after medical and do they test your joints in some way?

Sorry to blast so many questions at you but all info would be very helpfull.

All the best and thanks

Kev

Hello all

Congrats on your co to the both of you and hope it all flys by now so the waiting is over for you and the next fruitfull chapter begins :biggrin:

I dont mean to hijack your thread but i done a search on medicals and your's came top of the list and i can see yours would still be fresh in the mind,

Can i ask you what the Meds were like? and what they involved?

I know they will want x-rays, and possible blood test's/sample's and such but i was wondering how in depth the rest was?

My dilema is just of late my knee has been playing up a bit, all the bending down (plumber)

Now im wondering should i try to get it sorted before the meds (and risk hobbling in) or sort it after.

I know it is not a big problem and i have complete mobility in it, I just want to get things sorted here before i go, so I ask myself should i get it sorted before or after medical and do they test your joints in some way?

Sorry to blast so many questions at you but all info would be very helpfull.

All the best and thanks

Kev

Hey Kev,

thanks and no worries

some quick info:

other than the details you menioned not much to add really

simple eye test was given

eye exam included lookin at the retina and motion tracking, ear check, reflexes check knee and foot pressure

sensation test on extremities

brief lymphnode check

abdominal pressure exam

confirmed with the examining doctor that I had no ongoin issues that I were currently being treated for and that I had not had any of the illnesses on the med forms etc.

then made the declaration that I was telling the truth etc.

in summary nothing a generally fit and moderately active person should worry about in my opinion. but I have never had anything seriously wrong with me other than cuts and bruises.

I should not think your knee would be an issue as my wife had a tendon issue in her's that has recently been treated successfully (cuased by poor biomechanics while joggin long distance for many years) but was not considered a problem, not to guarantee anything mind you..

any way hope that helps and best of luck

- 4lan.

Hey Kev

Our medicals were even more simplier than 4Ian's, we had height, weight, read 3 lines off the eye board (if u were glasses wear them on the day and u read the letters with them, which i blitzed with my specs ha ha), urine sample, HIV test, chest scan (which took all of 5 mins), looking in your eyes with the light thing. We had to hold our arms out straight and the doc pushed down on your hands to check your reflexes on it, then told you to close your eyes and touch the tip of your nose (yeah seriously) then asked if we could walk in a straight line ie a bit like in america if you got pulled over for being drunk (seriously no joke) and that was it.

We kinda came out of it thinking how much we paid and for what basically your paying for the rubber stamp on the piece of paper. Unless your on tons of medication etc and have serious health problems you'll be fine, it is quite basic but maybe depends on where you go and which panel doctor you get. We went to Edinburgh as that's the only one in Scotland that does as we're from the NE of Scotland, the other side of Aberdeen. The Panel doctor said they get quite a lot of people coming over the border because it's easier for some people to travel to Edinburgh rather than Manchester or where-ever.

All the best for you guys and you'll b fine, and all the best we the new arrival when the day comes :)

Take care

Lynette

Hey Lynette

Thanks for your reply, Close eye's and touch the end of your nose? I better get some practise in then lol.

Mind you I have a fairly big nose so some advantage there then.

That all sounds basic and simple enough so my mind has been put at rest by you both again thanks for that. you know how this whole process is and can get you thinking and worrying about the simple things.

All the best to you and yours and wish you every success.

Take Care

Kev, girls, & bump

Archived