De Facto, uk police check, health check etc

Guest Woolfy1982

Guest Woolfy1982

Hi all,

I am in Melbourne at the moment and about to apply for a de facto visa. I have all the documents ready but I have been told I need a UK police check and health check although the 47sp form does not have it on the checklist - do I need it? Can i get it from Oz?

Please help!

Thanks,

Aaron

Guest smeetab

Hi aaron,

you dont need it to send in the application but your case officer will request it.

i suggest you get it done before you hand it in, for when your CO requests it it'll make your process longer.

you can get your health check done in aus, check on immigration website for centres, mine cost just under 300 dollars.

you can apply for your british police check from here too, but you'll need a professional who has known you for at least two years to sign it.

i didnt know any professionals who could sign mine, so i sent my application to my family back in england and they got it signed by someone who did know me, and then they sent it to the uk police.

The checklist on the 47SP form says:

"If already undertaken, you should include results of your health and character checks".

Yes you will need them, and waiting until the CO requests them will only delay the processing of your application. How long have you been in australia? if close to 12 months then you'll need a police check from here too.