457 processing times

Lexi

Hi,

These questions are purely because I am inpatient but can anyone tell me if it actually takes 8 weeks for a 457 visa to be processed or is that the maximum time it coudl take?

Also do you always need medicals with a 457? And police checks?

Its torture waiting to hear back about the visa application and everything else we have to do is all based on when and if the visa is granted. Someone put me out of my misery please!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest36187

Lexi, what job are you going to be doing? You will need a medical if you are going to be working with kids or in nursing.

You will need a police check.

Waiting times can vary. IN 05 when I did my 457 it took 5 months as I had a lot of paperwork involved in registering as a nurse etc.

I believe they are generally quicker than that though!

Good Luck x

Thanks everyone, it seems that it doesnt take 8 weeks and I think our application is pretty straight forward.

Joanne - I am not going to be working, its my Husband who is being sponsored and he is a Civil Engineer so probably wont need a police check.

Thanks again everyone, I will continue to stalk the immi.gov website until they grant our visa ha ha.

check out my timeline below but it depends on whether the employer has sponsorship and nomination approved as these are holding me up considerably!

not a clue - both myself and my employer have rung the CO and have been told they they will make a decision as soon as possible... they haven't asked my employer for any further information so one would assume that everything in the application is ok... seeing others' applications going through so quickly is so frustrating but i'm doing my best to keep the faith!

i hope yours comes through speedily! :D

Sounds very frustrating, I feel your pain especially when your helpless to do anything to make it any faster. You would think that they would get sponsored people out there asap because the Employer needs them, because there is a skills shortage!

Yeah fingers crossed for mine but I want it now!

Guest CharleneBLiverpool

Hi peeps,

I put my 457 in December 16th, changed to application processed further Jan 11th, then nothing!

I'm going out my mind, please keep updating once something happens!

:)

Guest CharleneBLiverpool
We got ours on 14th Jan, exactly 4 weeks after it being lodged. Hope yours comes through soon.

I hope ours comes through soon!

Are you based in Sydney? and what job did you get sponsored under?

Thanks

check out my timeline below but it depends on whether the employer has sponsorship and nomination approved as these are holding me up considerably!

Hi Cazbob,

I am in the very same position as you are. My company (who I worked with on my WHV last year)submitted my nomination on the 4th January. They have submitted nominations with success before so there was no issue's and a quick turn around.

But... they submitted a nomination for a friend of mine at the end of November 10 and only recieved approval on the 25th January 2011. They must be dealing with a large backlog and xmas had something to do with the timescale.

I, like yourself have everything (frontloaded) ready to submit on line (e457). All I need is the nomination number and a copy of the letter to upload. Its really frustrating checking the email account everyday just to be let down. Especially when I am just home from Oz, still on Oz time and not working. I cant sleep at night and am out for the count all day.

They have a skills shortage in my industry (i am a QS), I am available to fly out in the morning, put 2 and 2 together and post out that letter... They get the skill they require. Easy peasy lemon squeezy...

Best thing to do is to bite the bullett and accept that it'll take a while longer, not easy is it?

Kbo

Hi Cazbob,

I am in the very same position as you are. My company (who I worked with on my WHV last year)submitted my nomination on the 4th January. They have submitted nominations with success before so there was no issue's and a quick turn around.

But... they submitted a nomination for a friend of mine at the end of November 10 and only recieved approval on the 25th January 2011. They must be dealing with a large backlog and xmas had something to do with the timescale.

I, like yourself have everything (frontloaded) ready to submit on line (e457). All I need is the nomination number and a copy of the letter to upload. Its really frustrating checking the email account everyday just to be let down. Especially when I am just home from Oz, still on Oz time and not working. I cant sleep at night and am out for the count all day.

They have a skills shortage in my industry (i am a QS), I am available to fly out in the morning, put 2 and 2 together and post out that letter... They get the skill they require. Easy peasy lemon squeezy...

Best thing to do is to bite the bullett and accept that it'll take a while longer, not easy is it?

Kbo

Kbo... it's sooooo good to know there are others out there in the same boat... i'm going mad here! fingers crossed the nominations (and then the visas) come through as soon as possible!

:arghh:

Caz

Kbo... it's sooooo good to know there are others out there in the same boat... i'm going mad here! fingers crossed the nominations (and then the visas) come through as soon as possible!

:arghh:

Caz

I have to get over before the summer ends, 3 winters in a row not good for soul. I will keep you updated as time goes by :happy_face_cowboy_w

i have to be back to start a project in work at the beginning of April... was hoping to be there already basking in the 43 degrees in Adelaide... come one DIAC, we're sitting here unempolyed with fine jobs waiting for us in sunny Oz... just say Yes!!!! :yes:

Caz

i have to be back to start a project in work at the beginning of April... was hoping to be there already basking in the 43 degrees in Adelaide... come one DIAC, we're sitting here unempolyed with fine jobs waiting for us in sunny Oz... just say Yes!!!! :yes:

Caz

Here here, 29th of Nov? Thats 2 months yer waiting. Maybe its a Dublin thingy, I am also from that part of the world, hmmm I wonder :unsure: who would ever ignore a Dub?

Guest outnumbered

Hi all

Not sure if this will give hope or just add to the frustration but thought I would share our experience.

457 application lodged 13th January and approval received today so it took just under 3 weeks.

Really hope those that are waiting to hear do so very soon.

Guest HavenMarra

Hope given!

Where are you applying for? (We are Brisbane bound)

Crossed fingers for similar turnarounds. Ours went in yesterday (with the cash!) and the system is stating "Processing Commenced". I kinda just delighted it is finally in the system but I'm due to start work 28/3 and can't book flights / shipping until the visa is confirmed.

Great yours was so fast - good luck with everything.

Here here, 29th of Nov? Thats 2 months yer waiting. Maybe its a Dublin thingy, I am also from that part of the world, hmmm I wonder :unsure: who would ever ignore a Dub?

I had been wondering if it was an Irish thing but i know a few people on the Irish thread had theirs through in no time at all so that was that idea out the window!

where are u heading to?

good to know i'm not the only one waiting from round this neck of the woods and also good o know that the person your company nominated at the end of nov got theirs through recently... bodes well for me, i hope!

Hi outnumbered,

Thanks for your reply. Can I ask if your application was updated to processing further before you got word it was granted? Also did you have to have medicals and police checks?

We submitted ours on the 13th January too and have not heard anything. How did they inform you? Sorry for all of the questions. I am so jealous!

I had been wondering if it was an Irish thing but i know a few people on the Irish thread had theirs through in no time at all so that was that idea out the window!

where are u heading to?

good to know i'm not the only one waiting from round this neck of the woods and also good o know that the person your company nominated at the end of nov got theirs through recently... bodes well for me, i hope!

Yo Yo Cazbob,

Yea I felt that too (good to know someone else is in the same boat in Dublin etc). I am heading back to Melbourne. It's where I settled at the end of my travels and started my job where I did a 6 month stint. I didnt want to come home because the company rules as does the life, but fair play to them they offered me a position as soon as I got home, and thats where we stand at present.

I didnt even try and look for a job here because of fear of definite rejection no matter what kind of experience one can have as a QS, there are just no jobs. What kinda work are you at in Adelaide, and have you worked with them before when you were on the WHV?

Aslo Oz as you know love the Irish because we work our socks off, the Dublin slang was sorta an introduction to yours truly. I just cant wait or settle or sleep or laugh or cry or keep myself from going frickin nuts!!!:yellow_guy_crazy_ty

I bet like me, your checkin your inbox every hour on the hour and first thing in the morning.

It will come and you will do an nomination dance, as will I :jiggy:

Then round 2....