Struck between Category-2 and category-3 dillema

Guest Alibajwa

Guest Alibajwa

I am little bit confused abt situation. On SA website it is mentioned that if u obtain SS before release of SMP and then ur occupation also appears on SA SMP list then u would be elevated to category-2 provided u meet all requirements mentioned in SMP.

This means, if one has got SS from SA state before release of SMP and then his occupation also appears on SA list but fails to fulfill criteria mentioned in SMP, then his application will not be elevated to category-2.

Following is exactly what is mentioned on SA website:

"Q. I have received Sponsorship and have lodged my visa application with DIAC, what will happen to my visa application in relation to the Lists? A. Once Sponsorship has been granted, the State Government/Immigration SA is not involved in the process. If you have lodged your visa application with DIAC, your application will receive the processing order as determined by DIAC. Visit DIAC website for details. If your occupation is included in the State Sponsored Migration List and you meet all the associated requirements, your application will be elevated to Priority 2."

For instance, if one has got SA sponsorship with 1 year experience and IELTS 6 band but when SMP list released and experience and IELTS requirement changes, this means person is not fulfilling the criteria and his application will not be elevated to category-2.

That is what I have interpreted from provided information.

Need comments from seniors.....

Guest jigarercivil
I am little bit confused abt situation. On SA website it is mentioned that if u obtain SS before release of SMP and then ur occupation also appears on SA SMP list then u would be elevated to category-2 provided u meet all requirements mentioned in SMP.

This means, if one has got SS from SA state before release of SMP and then his occupation also appears on SA list but fails to fulfill criteria mentioned in SMP, then his application will not be elevated to category-2.

"Q. I have received Sponsorship and have lodged my visa application with DIAC, what will happen to my visa application in relation to the Lists? A. Once Sponsorship has been granted, the State Government/Immigration SA is not involved in the process. If you have lodged your visa application with DIAC, your application will receive the processing order as determined by DIAC. Visit DIAC website for details. If your occupation is included in the State Sponsored Migration List and you meet all the associated requirements, your application will be elevated to Priority 2."

For instance, if one has got SA sponsorship with 1 year experience and IELTS 6 band but when SMP list released and experience and IELTS requirement changes, this means person is not fulfilling the criteria and his application will not be elevated to category-2.

Only important thing is your occupation...if your occupation appear on SMP list then you move to cat2 ...you do not need to satisfy other conditions.....already happened with ACT/VIC/QLD applicants so no worry:Randy-git:

You got SS and ur application is already with DIAC .... now as u said your occupation is in new SMP list so u r CAT-@ applicant now ... dont think much about it and ignore new requirements.

New requirements are for new applicants.

Guest Alibajwa
You got SS and ur application is already with DIAC .... now as u said your occupation is in new SMP list so u r CAT-@ applicant now ... dont think much about it and ignore new requirements.

New requirements are for new applicants.

hmmm...... u ppl r right.......:jiggy: