485 skilled graduate visa extend possible?

Guest chaemi1980

Guest chaemi1980

Hi , I m currently holding 485 skilled graduate visa, it expires in september 2010, can any one please let me knoe is it possible to extend it to next 18 months?? with out applying for PR, can any one please let me know how can we extend TR visa, thanks in advance..................

Guest chaemi1980

Hi , I m currently holding 485 skilled graduate visa, it expires in september 2011, can any one please let me knoe is it possible to extend it to next 18 months?? with out applying for PR, can any one please let me know how can we extend TR visa, thanks in advance..................

Guest TommyOz
Hi , I m currently holding 485 skilled graduate visa, it expires in september 2011, can any one please let me knoe is it possible to extend it to next 18 months?? with out applying for PR, can any one please let me know how can we extend TR visa, thanks in advance..................

Hi, I don't think you can extend your 485 visa

According to DIAC: This visa allows overseas students who do not meet the criteria for a permanent General Skilled Migration visa to remain in Australia for 18 months to gain skilled work experience or improve their English language skills.

As a holder of this visa, you may apply for permanent residence at any time if you are able to meet the passmark on the General Skilled Migration points test.

Note the 18 months threshold. It'd defeat the whole purposed of granting 485s if they are renewable

Having said that, you should give DIAC a call to double check. whatever you intend of doing in the future, gluck :))

Guest chaemi1980

HI, thanks for the replies i need to clarify some more points,if any body can please help me.

Q 1....i have got 485 visa before the rules changed, and as they said i can apply for 885 according to the previous rules is that correct??

Q2....Does that mean my pass mark is 120 ??

Q3........i was working as a cook and i got TRA to apply TR, and now i m working in another field, not any more in hospitality / cook, so will i be able to get points for Skill

60 points – for most occupations where training is specific to the occupation.

In most cases, you must have a qualification (such as a degree or trade certificate) and

experience which meets the relevant Australian standards and which is specifically

related to your nominated occupation and be able to meet any registration requirements

in Australia. In some cases, experience without formal qualifications may be acceptable.

50 points – for more general professional occupations.

You must have a qualification equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree or higher

qualification (but it need not be specifically related to your nominated occupation).

40 points – for other general skilled occupations.

You must have a qualification equivalent to an Australian diploma or advanced diploma

(but it need not be specifically related to your nominated occupation).

Please help some body me to solve this problem

thanks in advance

when you applied TRA and got it ?

Do you need to do Job ready program ?

IF..... YOU applied your TRA before 1-1-2010 you need not do job ready program

IF YOU HAVE 120 POINTS , CAN APPLY 885 VISA before 1-7-2011.

IF YOU HAVE SHORT IN POINTS, ONE YEAR WORK EXPERIENCE WILL GIVE 10 POINTS( 52 PAY SLIPS minimum 35 hrs )

Already if you got 120 points you can work another industry otherwise if you like to stay in Aus you have

to work in same field and file PR

other wise you can join other course and go for student visa

studying is endless fun

Dhani

Guest chaemi1980

thanks a lot for ur quick reply,I got TRA in 2009, the main problem me having will i get 60 points for which they give for the "points for Skill" , cause currently i m not engaged in a job in hospitality field ??(which i offerd TRA)

thanks in advance...

• 7 months later...
Guest idarragak

Hi Danny how are you? My name is Leonel and i have been reading your your posts regarding 485 temporary visa. I would like to ask you some questions about it because I am holding a 485 visa. My visa will expire on the first of january 2012 that makes about 5 months left. i have work experience of more than one year (58 weeks) between 25 and 35 hours per week. I was told that I need to get Ielts 6 but haven't been able to get it. I consider that I will be assessed with old rules because I applied to my TRA in 2008. so is it possible to consider this work experience to apply for 885 permanent visa? is it possible to apply to 885 visa after 485 temp visa expires? Or will I lose everything what I have done since I came to Australia?? What would be the options to apply if this visa expires?? I f can answer me this questions i would really appreciate it...

Regards

Leonel

Hi Danny how are you? My name is Leonel and i have been reading your your posts regarding 485 temporary visa. I would like to ask you some questions about it because I am holding a 485 visa. My visa will expire on the first of january 2012 that makes about 5 months left. i have work experience of more than one year (58 weeks) between 25 and 35 hours per week. I was told that I need to get Ielts 6 but haven't been able to get it. I consider that I will be assessed with old rules because I applied to my TRA in 2008. so is it possible to consider this work experience to apply for 885 permanent visa? is it possible to apply to 885 visa after 485 temp visa expires? Or will I lose everything what I have done since I came to Australia?? What would be the options to apply if this visa expires?? I f can answer me this questions i would really appreciate it...

Regards

Leonel

Thanks for u r questions .First i am not legal adviser and legal too any way if i was you ...

1.try to take 6 band each

2. get employer nomination so 5 or 5.5 ok cheq immi sight

3. buy a business which u r occupation related and we may become a partner with local PR holder , this company may sponsor me or you for 457 and after 2 year again Employer sponsor visa for PR

4.if not join English degree program through new student visa and take 7 each

in Russia Stalin told ''DO OR DIE " SO that time they ac hived lot:rolleyes::elvis::GEEK::mask::arghh::SLEEP::wubclub::wubclub::wubclub::wubclub::wubclub: