Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

SAP skill and ACS assesment

Hi,

I am SAP Functional Consultant with non-IT background degree.

Just wondering how come SAP functional fall under IT, in my company people with SAP knowledge called as management consultant or bussiness analyst. IT people are those related to infrastructure, network, database, programmer which we called them SAP Technical Consultant people.

Anyone know what is the. ASCO code for SAP Functional which not required ACS?
      I failed ACS assesment due non-IT graduate and required RPL which to me complex and not really map to my SAP job. Anyone can help either with ACS RPL or without?

Thank you.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Marin4,

The ANZCO code (formerly ASCO) used for nomination with the ACS for assessment is not specific with softwares/technologies, rather an applicant is assessed by his occupation and skills set.

If you are really serious, based on your expertise, you may nominate the ANZCO code - Business Analyst or Systems Analyst, customizing your credentials and reference letters to conform with any of the above occupation w/c are included in the SOL and SMP's of certain states, and lastly painstakingly go for the RPL path.

It's hard to got through the RPL but trust me, it's very rewarding when you obtain the positve assessment. If I were you, try to apply now becuase come July 2011, I heard RPL will no longer be honored as per DIAC's directive on the new points system (w/ regard to qualifications obtained thru RPL issue - whatever this means)

Goodluck amigo/amiga.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by bkicb View Post
      It's hard to got through the RPL but trust me, it's very rewarding when you obtain the positve assessment. If I were you, try to apply now becuase come July 2011, I heard RPL will no longer be honored as per DIAC's directive on the new points system (w/ regard to qualifications obtained thru RPL issue - whatever this means)
      Hi bkicb

I am really desperate to know the source of this information that under the new point system RPL will not be a way for IT professionals.Could you please provide the link on DIAC site where it mentions that.

I am going to get my current employer reference from my HR tomorrow and I have an appointment to discuss the need for reference letter and it's very important for me to know if the above mentioned info is true.

Please help.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Unfortunately my skill set SAP fall under ANZCO which required ACS assessment <plus RPL) in my case.
      Actually in OZ job market there is high demand in SAP Functional expertise which most of consultant come from non-IT graduate. And those qualified people which good bussiness process experience have to gone thru RPL.

Any one has experience with RPL for SAP functional?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Unfortunately my skill set SAP fall under ANZCO which required ACS assessment <plus RPL) in my case.
      Actually in OZ job market there is high demand in SAP Functional expertise which most of consultant come from non-IT graduate. And those qualified people which good bussiness process experience have to gone thru RPL.

Any one has experience with RPL for SAP functional?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by ssrini View Post
      Hi bkicb

I am really desperate to know the source of this information that under the new point system RPL will not be a way for IT professionals.Could you please provide the link on DIAC site where it mentions that.

I am going to get my current employer reference from my HR tomorrow and I have an appointment to discuss the need for reference letter and it's very important for me to know if the above mentioned info is true.

Please help.
      i read it somewhere here (new point system come July 2011)

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migrat...-november.html

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

baljinsi

Quote Originally Posted by marin4 View Post
      Hi,

I am SAP Functional Consultant with non-IT background degree.

Just wondering how come SAP functional fall under IT, in my company people with SAP knowledge called as management consultant or bussiness analyst. IT people are those related to infrastructure, network, database, programmer which we called them SAP Technical Consultant people.

Anyone know what is the. ASCO code for SAP Functional which not required ACS?
      I failed ACS assesment due non-IT graduate and required RPL which to me complex and not really map to my SAP job. Anyone can help either with ACS RPL or without?

Thank you.
      Hi Marin4,
      I understood that your education was not assessed as ICT. But I wanna know--
      Did you nominate urself as "system Analyst" or Business analyst while applying for ACS? if so, Was your experience assessed positively?What were the comments for your experience of ACS ?

Thank you,
      -Baljinsi

•