Nurse interview questions

hellsbells712

Guest SunshineSmile
Does anyone have any idea of what sort of questions get asked in Oz for nursing jobs ????? Only 1 consolation won't need to do presentation. I hate interviews.......Gotta start practicing

Have done a few for Oz, so will list everything I was asked...

1. What qualities will you bring to this post.

2. What do you understand by clinical governance.

3. How would you deal with conflict in the workplace concerning staff under your guidance.

4. How do you practice as part of the multidisciplinary team and can you give an example of this.

5. How will you cope with relocating to Australia, homesickness etc.

6. Tell us about your aspirations as a nurse.

7. Tell us how you became interested in the current area of nursing you are in.

8. Tell us about your clinical expertise in your chosen field (I was asked a specific question relating to my area).

If its a Government post, by that I mean public rather than private, you might also be asked to address selection criteria in writing.

My advice is to research as much as possible into the hospital and also current issues in nursing in Australia.. bring it into the interview, they are always impressed if you have taken an interest in current affairs.. particularly if it involves funding or maybe new equipment at the hospital.

Do also talk of research based practice and be prepared to give examples of how this translates into your current work place (that will tie in with clinical governance question).

Finally have a list of questions, you need to ask something, and have lots cos they may answer most of them in the course of the interview.

I have probably stated the obvious in all of the above, but those are the questions I have been asked!

BEST of luck! :wink:

Have done a few for Oz, so will list everything I was asked...

1. What qualities will you bring to this post.

2. What do you understand by clinical governance.

3. How would you deal with conflict in the workplace concerning staff under your guidance.

4. How do you practice as part of the multidisciplinary team and can you give an example of this.

5. How will you cope with relocating to Australia, homesickness etc.

6. Tell us about your aspirations as a nurse.

7. Tell us how you became interested in the current area of nursing you are in.

8. Tell us about your clinical expertise in your chosen field (I was asked a specific question relating to my area).

If its a Government post, by that I mean public rather than private, you might also be asked to address selection criteria in writing.

My advice is to research as much as possible into the hospital and also current issues in nursing in Australia.. bring it into the interview, they are always impressed if you have taken an interest in current affairs.. particularly if it involves funding or maybe new equipment at the hospital.

Do also talk of research based practice and be prepared to give examples of how this translates into your current work place (that will tie in with clinical governance question).

Finally have a list of questions, you need to ask something, and have lots cos they may answer most of them in the course of the interview.

I have probably stated the obvious in all of the above, but those are the questions I have been asked!

BEST of luck! :wink:

Hi sunshinesmile,

Thanks so much for that. Should have interview within the next 2 weeks.:arghh::arghh:

x Helen

Guest SunshineSmile
Hi sunshinesmile,

Thanks so much for that. Should have interview within the next 2 weeks.:arghh::arghh:

x Helen

Best of luck and post up how you get on! :wink:

• 1 year later...
Guest hambim336
Your inquiries should cover three main areas: orientation and training, the working environment, and the employer's management and administration.

It’s too long to post here. You can refer interview cheat sheet at jobinterviewquestions.biz. I hope this helps you.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Nurse practitioner interview questions

Best regards.