Hairdressing sponsorship

Guest susie999

Guest susie999

Help.... I am in the process of sending all my info off to TRA for a working visa, however the process is quite lengthy and I would like to get there quickly - I have over 8 years experience in hairdressing and am looking for a sponsor in Perth - does anyone know of any sites or have any information on how to proceed with this?

Any information would be much appreciated

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest Glovertron

Hi my advice would be to do what my gf is doing if you want to get there quickly. Apply for a 1 year working holiday visa with an extension (about another £50), it will come through in about 2 days and will allow you to go to Oz, work at a salon and if they are happy to sponsor you, then apply for sponsorship whilst in the country. We found this the best way as hairdressing salons are reluctant to sponsor you until they see you are able to do the job.

Guest Redaussies

Hy there. I'm not going to be a lot of help to you with this reply, but maybe the point I raise will clarify something. Hopefully one of the excellent people on here such as Gill will be able to clear this up and in so doing help you as well.

I see your heading to Perth looking for hairdressing sponsorship. My wife is a hairdresser and we were under the impression Western Australia don't need hairdressers anymore and hairdressing was off the MODL for W.A ? I emphasise I may be totally wrong here or maybe my point is not a valid one, but is it possible to still get sponsorship for an occupation in a state where the occupation is n longer on the MODL. It doesn't apply to us in any way but would still be good to know?

Sorry to "But In" on your question and I hope someone can offer more advice to you, Good Luck,

Guest Glovertron

I dont think it needs to be on the list if its for sponsorship? I got sponsored as an executive recruiter and thats not on the list. I think the list only applies if going for PR straight away?

Guest perth chick

hi,

i think you have your wires crossed here..hairdressers are on the MODL and i have just been sponsored as a hairdresser in perth...

there are hairdressing oppotunties available, you just have to get your resume out there.....

so don't be put off by this...just keep going....

I am going to throw a spanner in the works here and say that if you can get PR without sponsorship then hang on and get the independant PR. If you get sponsorship and you don't like your employers/the working conditions etc then you have got a headache on your hands. Be patient and wait for the independant visa, it will be worth it in the end.

Guest Redaussies
hi,

i think you have your wires crossed here..hairdressers are on the MODL and i have just been sponsored as a hairdresser in perth...

there are hairdressing oppotunties available, you just have to get your resume out there.....

so don't be put off by this...just keep going....

Hi Perth Chick,

Once again, I got my wires tangled up. Your right. I don't know why but I'm sure I was reading or looking at a table a few months back that showed hairdressing off the MODL in W.A. I remember because it alarmed me a little thinking of our fuure plans, I think I may have read a table or chart in the Emigrate Australia newspaper I used to get. After your post, I just had a look and your spot on, it's there. http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/media/documents/priority-skills-list.pdf

Infact its on both the Skilled sponsored visa scheme and the skilled sponsored regional visa scheme. We are in Brisbane and chose Brisbane as our number 1 place and really love it here, but do still like Perth. My wife is very keen to establish a top hairdressing academy over here, so this news is great from our point of view. I guess it will all depend on where the best opportunity will be when we are ready to go for this challenge of an acadamy.

My apologies for getting this wrong, but so pleased to be wrong on this occassion, Good luck with your plans and if we can offer any help please ask, just PM, as I say my O/H commonly known as The Boss, is a long time well Hairdresser and instructor in this field, so any help she can give she will do gladly.

REDDERS

Archived