Construction Work in Melbourne CBD

Guest Chrisinoz

Guest Chrisinoz

Hi to all,

Im just about to make the move from Perth to Melbourne and im concerned about how long it will take me to find work. Im a bricklayer by trade with over6 years experience! Is there anybody who could point me in the right direction? Where to look, contact numbers e.t.c!

Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards

Hi to all,

Im just about to make the move from Perth to Melbourne and im concerned about how long it will take me to find work. Im a bricklayer by trade with over6 years experience! Is there anybody who could point me in the right direction? Where to look, contact numbers e.t.c!

Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards

Hi there, we have just returned from a reccie in Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne. We stayed with friends in Melbourne in Carrum Downs about 40 mins away from centre of Melbourne and there was lots of work for bricklayers in and around that area down to Mornington, really dont think you will have a problem. Lots and lots of new estates being built around Carrum Downs and Frankston.

Can I ask why you are moving from Perth to Melbourne. We are thinking of moving to Perth next year, my husband is a bricklayer also so would like to ask the same question but for Perth - is there plenty of work for bricklayers and any help at all would be really appreciated.

Regards

Amanda:v_SPIN:

Guest Chrisinoz

Hi there Amanda,

Thankyou for your help. Im only 22 and moving from Perth to Melb as im finding Perth too quiet for me! Its a beautiful place, really is beautiful - but coming from London 6 months ago was too much of a 'slower' pace of life for me, so have decided to go to Melb in search of a bit more life!

With regards to bricklaying over here, there is plenty of work around , in both the suburbs and CBD, although there are signs of it slowing compared to the recent 'boom time' perth has just had! But don't let that worry you there is still masses of work around!

Chris

Hi there Amanda,

Thankyou for your help. Im only 22 and moving from Perth to Melb as im finding Perth too quiet for me! Its a beautiful place, really is beautiful - but coming from London 6 months ago was too much of a 'slower' pace of life for me, so have decided to go to Melb in search of a bit more life!

With regards to bricklaying over here, there is plenty of work around , in both the suburbs and CBD, although there are signs of it slowing compared to the recent 'boom time' perth has just had! But don't let that worry you there is still masses of work around!

Chris

Spent a week in Melbourne and absolutely loved it. I lived in London for 7 years and Melbourne had the same vibe and lots to do and will be fantastic for you. I am 38 now and have a 2 year old so that is why we are looking at Perth, if I was younger I would have chosen Melbourne, definately. We have a friend who lives in Carrum Downs and is a builder so let me know if I can help at all with advice, contacts etc. :jiggy:

Archived