Thread: Official nurses thread!

Title
      Sausage Supremo
      From Blackpool to Bracken Ridge, Brisbane 18yrs ago
      Liked
      11816 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by samdom1 View Post
      Nice!!!.Navy scrubs sound comfy...and cool!
      Id like some of those :)

Anybody else?
      Choice of navy pleated skirt or shorts married to navy polo shirt or blue chequered blouse for the wife, or, of you prefer, navy pleated dress...............easy wash, no/little iron if removed from washer immediately................you can guess who does the laundry in my house ;-)
      samdom1 likes this.

Australia and Australians here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bidkev/ and here: http://www.bidkev.com/ free to PIO members. Can be printed to 20x16 and bigger. PM for details

Title
      Liked
      184 times
      Rep
      carly1983 its the academic. depends how many points you need for your visa whether you need to get 7 or 8 points in all 4 areas. its not a walk in the park tho so practice! when u book ur test u get access to some free material.
      IELTS Jan 14, ANMAC submitted 7/2/14, AHPRA submitted 17/4/14, ANMAC positive skills assessment 20/5/14. EOI 20/5/14, 189 visa lodged 3/6/14, Ahpra approval 16/8/14,
      PCCs 22/8/14

Title
      Liked
      184 times
      Rep
      valid for 2 years i think!
      IELTS Jan 14, ANMAC submitted 7/2/14, AHPRA submitted 17/4/14, ANMAC positive skills assessment 20/5/14. EOI 20/5/14, 189 visa lodged 3/6/14, Ahpra approval 16/8/14,
      PCCs 22/8/14

Title
      Liked
      60 times
      Rep
      Hi Carly!
      its all very exciting isn't it, just want to go now I've made the decision
      I stumbled across the following website when practising
      http://www.ielts-exam.net/
      I was chatting to a dr who said the reading section of the exam was the most difficult and have to say so far I agree the reading material is quite dull 😫
      you also get free access to road to ilets once your confirmed for the exam
      hope this helps 😀
      Toodolou likes this.

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      Hi,

Im Sophie, a band 5 paediatric nurse in the UK. My partner and I have decided to relocate to Sydney.

Was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to start the job hunt? Hoping to secure something before we go.

Title
      Liked
      60 times
      Rep
      Hi sophie
      There is a website called seek.au for jobs. Also there are two childrens hospitals in that area, sdyney childrens and westmead. They both have job sections on their own websites and also have a section on overseas nurses

good luck

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      1033 times
      Rep
      Also to add the IELTS test I am sure is valid for 3 years now.
      MH Nurse hoping to emigrate in 2015
      *IELTS 20/09/14 *AHPRA to be sent 01/09/14 *ANMAC hopefully by end of December *EOI and Visa App hopefully by end April

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi all,

I am new to this site, and not sure if I am posting in the right forum, but here goes!

I am only in my 1st year of adult nursing in the UK and myself and my partner are planning on coming to oz when I have qualified. Does anyone know how easy it is to get employment over there, especially if I don't have much post registration experience. Do Australian hospitals etc favour the newly qualified?

Thanks
      Andrea

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      1033 times
      Rep
      Andrea at present there seems to be employment opportunities for newly qualified (or with a few months experience I believe) however nursing has really taken a downturn in a few states at the moment. As I have found during my course the situation when I was in my first year compared to my 3rd year is miles apart. Nursing is a career where the demand will come and go and I am sure if you focus on your degree you would find employment shortly after you qualify. There is nothing worse (I do it all the time) than seeing an ideal job in your ideal area and not being able to apply for it.

There are plenty of us student nurses on here working hard with the same plans. I am going on a permanent resident visa and by the time all the paperwork will have completed it will be at least 6 months post qualification. I also believe this is the minimum amount of time needed to work in the UK in case you return to the UK in the future, where you wouldn't have to re study.
      Last edited by jac2011; 19-01-2014 at 05:46 PM.
      Andreahill70 likes this.
      MH Nurse hoping to emigrate in 2015
      *IELTS 20/09/14 *AHPRA to be sent 01/09/14 *ANMAC hopefully by end of December *EOI and Visa App hopefully by end April

Title
      Liked
      15 times
      Rep
      Hi sorry to gate crash your thread, but I couldn't work out how to start a new one! I'm going bonkers and desperately need some advice!......

1)i have recently had my AHPRA application cancelled due to my documents not been certified correctly! Apparently! I paid the courts for a justice of the peace to certify, a district judge has signed them but AHPRA state this is incorrect even though he has sent a link proving he is a JUstice of the Peace, however he does not have a JP number. Has anyone else experienced this?

2)since my application they are now reviewing overseas applications and have removed info off the site! I hear they are reviewing if nurses should be degree trained and not diploma. If this is true, I am working on my degree at the moment but I won't have paperwork until September stating I have it (if I pass).

My problem is, if I re submit my application and number 2 is true, I will lose YET AGAIN my application fee. I fly on the 30 th April (Visa is in place) and I'm in a catch 20 situation! I can't apply for jobs without registration etc.

•