Tax File Number Interview help please?

jadee

Hi everyone, hope youre all well.

Just wondering if anyone could assist, I need my TFN for a job I start on 30th Jan however wont be flying out until a few days before my start date.:wacko:

We have friends in Sydney who have offered their postal address however midway though the application online it requests that I need to be available 28 days after applying for an interview?

Can anyone offer any help of guidance?

Many thanks, as always!!:cute:

Hi everyone, hope youre all well.

Just wondering if anyone could assist, I need my TFN for a job I start on 30th Jan however wont be flying out until a few days before my start date.:wacko:

We have friends in Sydney who have offered their postal address however midway though the application online it requests that I need to be available 28 days after applying for an interview?

Can anyone offer any help of guidance?

Many thanks, as always!!:cute:

I assume you are not a returning citizen? If so, no there is nothing you can do. Using a friends address isn't going to help because you have to be in Australia when you apply for it and the system will know from your passport details that you are not currently in Australia.

Just apply when you arrive, you can still start your job and then provide the TFN to your employer when you get it. The very worst that will happen is that you are taxed a bit more at first but this will right itself and in any case it might be in time for the first payroll run anyway.

No we aren't citizens yet, that's a work in progress, we do have PR with our 189 visas though so a few yeas down the line who knows!!

I just don't want to look unprofessional on my first day, they've provided me a list that I need to take, visa, driving licence etc, and TFN is first on the list.

Just don't want them thinking I'm not organised but is there really no way other way around it?

If so i'll have to explain prior to the 30th Jan.

Thanks Bungo your're a star!

As above. The system knows you are not in Australia and will not generate a number until you are.

It it doesn't take long and if you do end up paying too much tax you will get it back.

the list will be a standard one provided to all employees, and vast majority will already be in Australia so don't fret.

Edited by rammygirl

No we aren't citizens yet, that's a work in progress, we do have PR with our 189 visas though so a few yeas down the line who knows!!

I just don't want to look unprofessional on my first day, they've provided me a list that I need to take, visa, driving licence etc, and TFN is first on the list.

Just don't want them thinking I'm not organised but is there really no way other way around it?

If so i'll have to explain prior to the 30th Jan.

Thanks Bungo your're a star!

Your employer knows you have just emigrated and won't have a TFN immediately. When I moved over I also started work within four days or so and it was no problem, in fact I did get my TFN in time for the first payroll.

Thee is no way around it, but further there is no need to look for a way around it. It won't matter.

Hi everyone's thanks for your advice. I've emailed them and my boss replied "don't stress about it" I love my new job already! Nothing ever seems too much of a big deal! Love the laid back take is easy in your own time outlook, it's really refreshing!

Something I need to get used to though, need to shake this too formal approach off!

have a nice weekend, Jade