plastering. work

martin g

Hi,me and my family are wanting to move over as soon as we can,I'm a solid plasterer and wanted to know where's the best place for work,I was thinking perth but we've been told eastcoast allowed anyone give me an idea on wages please,thanks

Hi no we haven't got our visas yet,we went to down under live in Birmingham last week which gave us information about moving,I think we'll look at the eastcoast,can anyone tell us what suburbs are nice to live with plenty to do for familys,thanks.

Concentrate on the visas first - it is a long process and until you have that in the bag, everything else is academic.

But, with locations, you will need to do lots of reading. The east coast is massive - a bit like asking where is good in Europe with thousands of areas that are nice for families and encompasses everything from snow capped mountains to rainforest jungle. You need to think about what sort of environment you want. For example, do you want the big city life such as Sydney or Melbourne. Pluses would be lots going on, lots of nightlife and things, but VERY high housing costs. Do you want a cool climate or a tropical climate? Do you want beach or country town somewhere inland.

The first thing to guide you should be jobs. The main job site is seek.com.au

The visa process will take 6 - 9 months minimum. Then, if you have a house to sell, you need to go through that. Then arrange the move itself such as shippers and thing. So, one step at a time and that first one is visas.

Your occupation is on the SOL list, which is the first hurdle. But, next you need to check that you can pass the skills assessment - this is proving you have the required mix of skills, qualifications and experience. Then you need to calculate your points. At this stage many people find they are short of the required 60. If so, you need to start looking at the English exams to boost points. Then you need to check all the family can pass the other criteria such as medicals. I would get all of this done before you think about areas