Student Nurse planning on Moving... Not sure where my husbands role would fit in....?

Hi Everyone

I’m currently studying for a Degree in Adult Nursing and plan on emigrating within a few years of graduation. My husband is concerned about his job prospects and I’m not sure where he would fall within the job sections….

He’s currently assistant manager within a property maintenance firm where he’s worked for 10yrs+ and he’s trained through experience in plastering, tiling, painting, fitting bathrooms/kitchens etc. He is currently in charge of around 50 men on the tools now, so his day to day job is scoping and pricing jobs (internally) liaising with project managers/directors, customer care, and liaising with the workers.

If you had any idea of where he’d fall within the jobs in Australia or can point me in the right direction i’d be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi!

In terms of your husband all I can say is that my uncle had his own painting and decorating firm here in the UK but wasn't allowed to start his own firm straight away in Oz. He had to work with a guy for a certain amount of time and then was allowed to start his own business agin.

I'm also a student nurse planning on emigrating a few years after I qualify. I qualify next Friday! Ekkkk. When do you? Just wondering if you've heard whether we have to have full or part time experience in order to qualify for the visa?

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi vicki

Thanks for your reply 

I think we have figured out where my husband sits in terms of job opportunities in australia (foreman supervisor or site supervisor as he does insurance work ie claims for fire or water damage etc)

I'm still a first year  so talk about forward planning haha wish I was qualifying soon.

My understanding is you need to work experience to put through you paperwork for visa.... however you'll need it for when applying for jobs in Australia.... however by the time visa gets authorised and you make the move you'll have about 1-2 years depending on how quick you make the move onice you get your visas authorised.

X

Hi Everyone

I’m currently studying for a Degree in Adult Nursing and plan on emigrating within a few years of graduation. My husband is concerned about his job prospects and I’m not sure where he would fall within the job sections….

He’s currently assistant manager within a property maintenance firm where he’s worked for 10yrs+ and he’s trained through experience in plastering, tiling, painting, fitting bathrooms/kitchens etc. He is currently in charge of around 50 men on the tools now, so his day to day job is scoping and pricing jobs (internally) liaising with project managers/directors, customer care, and liaising with the workers.

If you had any idea of where he’d fall within the jobs in Australia or can point me in the right direction i’d be much appreciated.

Thank you

Maybe look at Facilities Management type jobs and getting some all-round qualifications, including ICT building management systems...energy usage, lighting control, access control systems..there's going to be lots of outsourcing of buildings maintenance contracts in Oz over the coming years and people with a good working knowledge of the big picture are going to be in demand.

Hi slean

Many thanks for your reply ☺

Do you have an idea of where he could do this? Would it be more ideal to try and find an Australian based company who does this sort of training? But then he'd had the theoretical knowledge but not the practical knowledge.

My husband has point blank refused to go back on the tools if we go to Australia, so the move is dependant upon whether there is a suitable role in more of an assistant or management type role. He's done 10+ years on the tools and has said he's done his time....so the pressure is on...

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hey Ali

I'm not really that concerned about what the job market is like at the moment ie number of jobs/wages etc.... just that if there is a place for him within a specific job role that he would be happy with.... because otherwise I might as well not waste my time and forget my dream of living in australia right now because if there isn't anything suitable for him he won't go so that will be that. ??

I'm a serial planner you see so I like to be fully prepared with as much information as I can get ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk