London Job Expo

Beckb

We are both secondary school teachers, looking to go on one skills visa with the other one added as a dependent as we gather that's the cheapest way and we would both get permanent residency. We're also aware that to be added as a dependent in a defacto relationship we must prove we have been in a committed relationship for 12 months.

You may find Beck,that you will initially have to take a more rural job to start with.I have read over the years (and also personally know two teachers in Oz)that teaching jobs are quite difficult to obtain but not impossible.Both my mates did their teaching training in Oz(they're both aussies)and both had to take rural jobs as in outback.Hmm not sure about the job expo hon,I'm guessing they can't really give you info that,tbh you couldn't find on the internet yourself.(Don't take that as gospel though,Ive never been to one myself.)

You may find Beck,that you will initially have to take a more rural job to start with.I have read over the years (and also personally know two teachers in Oz)that teaching jobs are quite difficult to obtain but not impossible.Both my mates did their teaching training in Oz(they're both aussies)and both had to take rural jobs as in outback.Hmm not sure about the job expo hon,I'm guessing they can't really give you info that,tbh you couldn't find on the internet yourself.(Don't take that as gospel though,Ive never been to one myself.)

Thanks Jacaranda, we are both aware of the job prospects and neither are bothered if we don't teach out there! Shame that the Aussies can't even get jobs out there! Yes that's what we'd thought and whether it was worth going

We are both secondary school teachers, looking to go on one skills visa with the other one added as a dependent as we gather that's the cheapest way and we would both get permanent residency. We're also aware that to be added as a dependent in a defacto relationship we must prove we have been in a committed relationship for 12 months.

So the visa shouldn't be too much of an issue. Expos can be an ok day out, if you combine it with a nice spot of lunch somewhere and don't travel too far for it. I probably wouldn't go to a jobs one, maybe a more general one (if you are determined to go to one). There is a lot of competition for teaching posts in Australia and I am not sure any authority would need to go to an expo to find candidates, unless you teach science and happy to go remote maybe.

Guest John from Moneycorp
My boyfriend and I are looking to move to Australia in 2017/2018 and have just come across the London Job expo https://workingin-events.com/events/working-international-expo-london-10-11-october-2015/

we were just wondering if anyone had been to one before or were looking to go to this one? Just wondered how beneficial it may be?

Hi all

I will be at the Working International Job exhibition this weekend - feel free to pop by the Moneycorp stand to say hi.

Thanks

John

Hi Bec,

i wandered into the Jobs abroad Expo in Ascot back in 2008 was just looking around tentatively, no real plan in place. I came accross this WA Nursing stand and I got offerred a job from one of the Nursing Directors at PMH hospital in Perth WA. I told him if i came over, i wanted a permanent job, full time in Child Health Community Nursing. I passed the interview, he lodged the PR visa i paid for it, registered with WA board of Nursing and moved over in Feb 2010 and haven't looked back since! My advice is to go to the Expo, you could meet some great people, learn some helpful information and may even secure a job? What have you got to lose?

Good luck :smile:

Edited by Brit Girl