Hairdressing

Guest maz&jon

Guest maz&jon

MY NAME IS MARIA AND IM LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE.IVE LOOKED FOR JOBS IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTIONS AND RECRUITMENT AGENTCIES BUT NONE OF THEM MENTION SALARYS.WE R HEADING 2 MELBOURNE AND LOOKING 2 WORK FULL TIME FOR A REALLY GOOD COMPANY.ANY INFO WUD BE GREAT:cute::yes:

Hi Maz /jon

If You Go On To Careerone.com.au Youil Find 490 Hairdressing Jobs

Dont Know About Wages You Will Just Have To Go Through Them And See There Is A Salary Guide If You Click On Employment News On The Left Of The Page Cheers

Guest old pom

Most senior hairdressers are paid according to experience and the number of clients they can bring to a salon. Obviously you won't be able to bring any clients with you, but my wife, who owns a large salon in Sydney, likes to hire overseas trained staff because they bring something new to the business.

This info might help. I'm sure you'll be able to find one for Victoria. Hairdressing is not what you would call a well paid job.

NSW Office of Industrial Relations: Awards Online

Guest blondies
MY NAME IS MARIA AND IM LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE.IVE LOOKED FOR JOBS IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTIONS AND RECRUITMENT AGENTCIES BUT NONE OF THEM MENTION SALARYS.WE R HEADING 2 MELBOURNE AND LOOKING 2 WORK FULL TIME FOR A REALLY GOOD COMPANY.ANY INFO WUD BE GREAT:cute::yes:

Hi i work as a hairdresser in Melbourne. The wages in Victoria are not great the basic wage for a senior stylist is $15 per hour(government listed wage) you can usually get some kind of comission on this. It is really dependent on the salon. I am currently on $19 per hour which after being in Western Australia where the basic hairdressing wage starts at $21 per hour is a bit of a bummer.

There are lots of great salons here and although the jobs are not plentiful you should be able to pick up a job pretty easily. The demand for hairdressers is not as high in Victoria as it is in other states.

Just line up a few interviews in salons you fancy workiung in even if they are not advertising for staff. Any salon will welcome a good stylist/ technician.

If you need any more info just let me know.

Donna:yes:

Guest maz&jon

Thankyou Everyone For All Your Help And Advice.your Information Has Been A Great Help I Really Dont Know What I Would Have Done Without Pio,thanks Again.x

Guest maz&jon

thankyou so much donna,your information has been really helpful.how long have you lived in frankston south and is that where you work.we are looking at mornington is that far from you?:cute:

• 11 months later...

Archived