plumbing sponsors

Smurtonio

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone could tell me if plumbing companies in Australia still sponsor UK plumbers, I know that the criteria changed a few years ago that made getting a sponsor harder, I have my ielts results and skills assesment all done but having turned 45 it is the only realistic option to try and get a job sponsor and a 187 visa, I was planning to travel over in July/August and contact as many plumbing companies as possible, any info wouldbe appreciated.

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone could tell me if plumbing companies in Australia still sponsor UK plumbers, I know that the criteria changed a few years ago that made getting a sponsor harder, I have my ielts results and skills assesment all done but having turned 45 it is the only realistic option to try and get a job sponsor and a 187 visa, I was planning to travel over in July/August and contact as many plumbing companies as possible, any info wouldbe appreciated.

Hi, to be honest I don't think you've got a snowballs chance of getting sponsored from the uk without a pr visa and even then not much more of a chance with one, especially trying to do it from the uk, You need to be in Aus. NZ age is higher might be worth a go as we slowly watch the uk get more overcrowded etc etc. Good luck

Hi Rohyett, thank you for the reply, did you read the post, 1, why would I want a sponsor with a PR visa, 2, I did say I was coming over in July to try and find a sponsor and the wuestion was when I am in Australia, would there be a chance of getting a sponsor,

Hi Rohyett, thank you for the reply, did you read the post, 1, why would I want a sponsor with a PR visa, 2, I did say I was coming over in July to try and find a sponsor and the wuestion was when I am in Australia, would there be a chance of getting a sponsor,

Hi mate, yea read the post, I was basically saying people really need a pr visa,I didn't word it very well also I was trying not to be too negative. Nobody can tell you exactly how different people employers look at things ,but you need to be in Aus firstly for them to even think your serious with a visa or not, I did the downunder tradies Aus plumbing course a few years ago and there was a lot of lads on the courses who were also looking for sponsors , they had all sent loads of cvs off etc with very few replies, non positive, so I think in my opinion you will struggle to get sponsored whether in the uk or Aus. Iam trying to answer the questions to help other people who are also reading this post as nobody ever answers plumbing questions if you've noticed.

Either way I really hope you get sorted, like I said NZ is the next best thing

Hi mate, yea read the post, I was basically saying people really need a pr visa,I didn't word it very well also I was trying not to be too negative. Nobody can tell you exactly how different people employers look at things ,but you need to be in Aus firstly for them to even think your serious with a visa or not, I did the downunder tradies Aus plumbing course a few years ago and there was a lot of lads on the courses who were also looking for sponsors , they had all sent loads of cvs off etc with very few replies, non positive, so I think in my opinion you will struggle to get sponsored whether in the uk or Aus. Iam trying to answer the questions to help other people who are also reading this post as nobody ever answers plumbing questions if you've noticed.

Either way I really hope you get sorted, like I said NZ is the next best thing

Hi Rohyett, i guess it all boils down to luck, being in the right place at the right time, i have got lots of experince with plumbing, some building knowledge and can drive plant, also two references from previous OZ employers who offered me jobs, so gonna knock on as many doors between Geraldton and Albanyas and see where it gets me.

It is hard for plumbers (and electricians) as State licencing can be a nightmare and take quite a while to gain. Due to this lots of employers arent keen on migrant plumbers despite their experience as they cannot work alone without the State licence.

You could try door knocking and selling yourself but look into the licencing and get the ball rolling ASAP so you can say to companys that you are currently studying for a full licence( most require you attend a college course)

Hope this helps

Cal x

It is hard for plumbers (and electricians) as State licencing can be a nightmare and take quite a while to gain. Due to this lots of employers arent keen on migrant plumbers despite their experience as they cannot work alone without the State licence.

You could try door knocking and selling yourself but look into the licencing and get the ball rolling ASAP so you can say to companys that you are currently studying for a full licence( most require you attend a college course)

Hope this helps

Cal x

Thank you, CalnGary, i can only try, at least then if it doesn't work, i know i tried.