AHPRA are doing me in!!! No bridging courses in QLD what to do???

Nursebucko

Hello,

i am seriously at my wits end as to what to do, i knew all these changes were happening with ahpra, I watched how the horrible drama unfolded. I fortunately wasn't one of the ones caught in the cross fire of mid application. However, I was in the process of the visa so too late to back out now, not that I would want to.

But I now have my 189 visa much to our relief, we are heading to sunny queensland in August/sept ,my problem is this...I have a diploma he in adult nursing. So ahpra will not register me, I have not applied yet. BUt I just know they will refer me to a bridging course, the problem I have with this course, apart from the fact that it's ridiculously expensive and actually get no formal qualification for it...but the main factor for me is there are none in Queensland!!

So now what?? I looked at topping up up over here, actually started open uni, but what with the process of emigration, 2 kids and a full time busy job, I just couldn't do it..the work load to top up a degree in just I one year was unimaginably ridiculous! I am a usually a very determined multi tasking hard working mum that would always strive for a challenge like that, bUt it beat me hands down! I had to quit it.

so I am back to the drawing board, I have looked at topping up in Oz? But the courses I looked at I am not sure if ahpra will accept?

so is there anyone that can offer advice? Have ppl been finding plenty of assistant in nursing jobs at all? As I am clearly going to be looking at that when I get over there just to get some money in?

Anyone done the bridging course?? Or any other way to beat this horrific ordeal??