Toowoomba Billions of $ expansion

Tina2

For a very long time Toowoomba has been seen as the sleepy town with little to offer, except great schools and medical services. Now though Toowoomba is in the middle of an infracture boom that will bring thousends of new jobs, and see billions of $ spent.

This is the link you need to scroll down to page three Sorry due to the lay out I could not copy and paste the article. Just thought this might be of interest for any migrants who are happy not to live in a capital city.

http://highfieldsvillage.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Herald140603.pdf

^^^ Article summary:

BOOM TIMES AHEAD

Billions of dollars in projects and jobs - TSBE

'The Toowoomba Region is in the first stages of an economic boom that is likely to include $11 billion worth of developments, and generate 10,000 ongoing jobs.

The economies of other regions across Australia are declining, but the Toowoomba Region is experiencing growth from the construction of roads and highways, an airport, shopping centres, schools, retirement villages and electricity, communications and sporting infrastructure.

TSBE CEO Shane Charles said the research showed a total development spend within the region of in excess of $11 billion.

“We have an unemployment rate far lower than Queensland’s average and major opportunities set to come our way. This is an exciting time to be in Toowoomba and we will only see more growth in the coming years. “No other regional city, nor capital city for that matter, will be able to boast the amount of infrastructure development occurring."'

Edited by fish.01

• 1 month later...
Hi Tina2, i wonder if you might know if Toowoomba is classified as regional Queensland, it is not very easy to see what areas are, all that my agent told me was thay Gympie was and so was Cairns, any help would be welcome, thank you.

Any help, mate?

Queensland Postcode areas 4019-4028, 4037-4050, 4079-4100, 4114, 4118, 4124-4150, 4158-4168, 4180-4899 (anywhere except Brisbane metropolitan area)

QldRegions_zpsf5a68f52.png

Cheers, Bobj.

Morning Bob gee you are up early.

We are now finaly home and settled just outside Highfields so about 20 mins into Toowoomba City. Drove back from Toowoomba yesterday "the back way" rather than going down the New England Highway, have to say the country side is just beautiful, rolling green hills, cows lying in the sun, and horses grazing. Good to be back. You can feel the buzz around the place as people see Toowoomba coming to life with so much happening. Apparently heard yesterday that Bunning are now about to build a second store somewhere down Ruthven Street to service the city and Northern Suburbs, good indicator of even more growth on Towwoomba's north side. One thing that really stands out is lack of graffti.

Hi Tina2, i wonder if you might know if Toowoomba is classified as regional Queensland, it is not very easy to see what areas are, all that my agent told me was thay Gympie was and so was Cairns, any help would be welcome, thank you.

This page has a listing of all postcodes in Australia eligible for regional visas. It shows all of Queensland in this category apart from the Greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast.

https://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/regional-growth.htm

Morning Bob gee you are up early.

We are now finaly home and settled just outside Highfields so about 20 mins into Toowoomba City. Drove back from Toowoomba yesterday "the back way" rather than going down the New England Highway, have to say the country side is just beautiful, rolling green hills, cows lying in the sun, and horses grazing. Good to be back. You can feel the buzz around the place as people see Toowoomba coming to life with so much happening. Apparently heard yesterday that Bunning are now about to build a second store somewhere down Ruthven Street to service the city and Northern Suburbs, good indicator of even more growth on Towwoomba's north side. One thing that really stands out is lack of graffti.

@Tina2, thanks for the update. Highfields, Cabarlah and all those 'little' villages on the New England Hwy are really beaut places if anyone wants to be out of the main stream, so to speak. Always did like that whole area, Toowoomba south is just as good.:yes:

Drove from Yarraman to Glen Innes and return almost every weekend whilst building the Tarong Coal Project.

First time I ever went through Toowoomba was in 1972 and the town finished at Alderley Street, one could have bought acres of land adjacent to the NEH for a few dollars.

Cheers, Bobj.

@Tina2, thanks for the update. Highfields, Cabarlah and all those 'little' villages on the New England Hwy are really beaut places if anyone wants to be out of the main stream, so to speak. Always did like that whole area, Toowoomba south is just as good.:yes:

Drove from Yarraman to Glen Innes and return almost every weekend whilst building the Tarong Coal Project.

First time I ever went through Toowoomba was in 1972 and the town finished at Alderley Street, one could have bought acres of land adjacent to the NEH for a few dollars.

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi Bobj

Highfields is now the fastest growing suburb in Qld ! They are going to allow smaller blocks, but where we are Meringandan West, Meringandan, Cabalah and other small villages have been designated to remain the same larger rural block of no less than half and acre. The new shopping center in Highfields is set for major expantion this year. Gives you the best of both worlds, live in the city or 20 minuets and you are in the country. We are very glad to be back couldnt take those 47C days anymore in Echuca.

One Well Camp gets the new business park running it will change the face of Toowoomba. They have already locked in an international carrier to start moving cattle and the like late this year.

My kids were born in Toowoomba in 73 and 75 yep should have bought land then but never thought about it at the time