What's the equivalent job?

Guest rew&lisa

Guest rew&lisa

Hello All

We are attempting to decide whether to try Oz or not and have already come up against an oddity. Any ideas what they would call a Computer Aided Design Engineer (CAD)? Cn't find it on any of their lists!! Any help would be appreciated.

Guest The.Colebecks
Hello All

We are attempting to decide whether to try Oz or not and have already come up against an oddity. Any ideas what they would call a Computer Aided Design Engineer (CAD)? Cn't find it on any of their lists!! Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I can't answer your question myself but a call to an emigration agent for some free advice would help.

Kind regards

Karen x

Guest The.Colebecks
Thanku for your reply - good idea. Are you there yet or waiting to go?

Hiya

We're still in the UK. We are just about to send off our visa application.

If you PM me I'll be happy to let you have details of our agent, there are plenty of agents recommended on this site though and its definitely best to go with one whose recommended.

Regards

Karen x

Hello All

Simply called a drafter here AFAIU.

Which discipline, a...nd which packages? Autocad, Miocrostation, Revit, ...

Guest rew&lisa

Thanks Fraser

He's mechanical / electrical autocad. Just finishing the wembley stadium and no, its not his fault its late!! Travelling from Canterbury to Wembley every day has taken it's toll on all of us. Time to stop and evaluate what's important I feel. You?

Thanks Fraser

He's mechanical / electrical autocad. Just finishing the wembley stadium and no, its not his fault its late!! Travelling from Canterbury to Wembley every day has taken it's toll on all of us. Time to stop and evaluate what's important I feel. You?

Yup, Autocad is pretty standard here. Lots of opportunities fro good design drafters, especially in electrical and structural.

When you firm up your plans, let me know.

Guest leanneandmark

Rew & lisa,

r u in canterbury kent? we're in herne bay boys go to st christophers school canterbury!!!!! small world.

Guest rew&lisa

Hello Leanne and Mark,

Yes, Canterbury, Kent. Well, Barham actually. Eldest daughter goes to Langton girls in Cant. Very small world. What are your plans?

Guest rew&lisa

Fraser - thanks for your tips and as soon as we've made some decisions we'll let you know. Your advice has finally made Rew do his own research.

Thanks again.

Guest leanneandmark

Hi Lisa,

I went to Barton court Grammar, and Mark went to Cant high!!

not sure yet, just got contact with agent (seemed to take forever to get a reply)

Waiting to work out our best visa options probably a regional visa to melbourne . Marks a structured cabling project manager working in partnership with B.T but the skills list is more for the trade itself as opposed to managers, but we have seen jobs advertised so hopefully he'll continue managing once we get there. Money looks nicer too.

Have taken kids out of St Christophers to save our money for oz (3 lots of school fees goes a long way), eldest started at preston primary now. So hope we get in!!!!!!!!!!

Take care

Leanne

Guest rew&lisa

Leanne and Mark

I used to teach at Canterbury High a couple of years ago. Weird. Well, we haven't quite decided what we're going to do. We tried New Zealand 2 yrs ago but I was pregnant and just wanted to come home. It's far more remote than Australia and things are very different there. We regret not giving it longer than 2 months and so Rew is hesitant about Australia. But he has family there so I hope it won't be as hard. Who knows until you try it!!!!

• 2 years later...

Hi Fraser,

This is a really old thread but I did a search on CAD and found it.

We are in the same predicament at the guys rew&lisa who originally started the thread and were wondering whether you (or anybody else reading this) could shed any light.

My husband is a CAD engineer/department manager but we're not sure what code to apply under.

Can you or anybody else shed any light please?

Thanks very much

:unsure:

Yup, Autocad is pretty standard here. Lots of opportunities fro good design drafters, especially in electrical and structural.

When you firm up your plans, let me know.

Archived