2 nites a week for $7000 if you can do it

RichyRedNeck

I worked on a job as a grip/labourer for a documentary in NSW called The Hunters where the doco was about 2 men who earn over $7000 for 2 nites a week, they live on waterfront properties in Sydney and work outback, most of the money is paid by the government at an average of a dollar per kilo and the rest of the money is made up from woolworths and coles supermarket chains,

these guys only stay soberish for theses 2 nites a week and what they do is not for everyone.

but to the average Aussie its nothing to worry about, its just another day at the office,

they drive around on RTVs with guns and knives and with the latest satellite tracking systems.

Its like being in the wild west as you dodge the bullets and try not to get splashed with blood when they are on a bare hands knife kill

its also quite a remote job to do 16 hours drive west of sydney

http://wildoutback.com.au/

Guest scrumpy
its not for everyone killing animals, they have a strange perspective on life

But I bet there isnt a shortage of people who would do it for a living, or even hobby

Where was it filmed?

I live in Wild Pig country; Walgett - Home of the Feral Pig. A lot of guys hunt round here, not for cash (certainly not that sort of cash) that I know of. A lot of hunting of feral pigs (and goats) around Cobar as well.

What were you driving? 16 hours west of Sydney would take you well into South Australia (or SW Queensland / SE NT if you went north west) unless you were in something very slow.

Yeah, very near me (in Australian terms) then. Coonamble's a real nice little town.

Had a VW camper when I was a kid - it was our only car so we drove it everywhere, not just on holiday. When we eventually sold it it would only do 40mph but we still sold it for more than we paid for it and we had people from all over the country wanting to buy it. One bloke asked if it could do a trip to Scotland and my dad replied "I really don't know mate, never tried. It can go to the south of Italy and back though as I did that 2 months ago"

Quite a few blokes out from Walgett, Moree, Narrabri, the Pilliga Scrub and Coona were pig shooters for the German market. A couple I knew would get $1.50 a kg for the grunters and a decent night's shooting would get them 30-40 piggies. But that was over 30 years ago.

Cheers, Bobj.