Finding work

Guest i8grand

Guest i8grand

Hi,

I am 23 and currently starting out with the whole process of going to Autralia on a Working Holiday visa. I was just wondering how easy it is for people who have travelled to get work once there. Is it wise to have a job lined up before I go out or is it easy enough to get work once I am there. I am not one bit fussy about the type of work, I'll try basically anything once.

Recommendations on places to go for work would also be much appreciated :)

Thanks, Dylan

Guest i8grand

What sort of work are they looking out in more rural areas? Being such a young age and only just out of full time education I have next to no work experience aside from my years working part time in retail. Are the jobs out there looking experience and I will probably be going on a working holiday visa so cannot work for a single employer for more than 6 months (I was told this by a friend), is this a problem for the employers because I won't be working there long term?

I couldn't really say how easy it will be for you to find work when you get here, and there will be some jobs available in most places, so the question about where to go is a bit broad. I would base your decision on where you want to go.

Your chances of lining up work before you get here are slim to zero. I wouldn't even bother trying, unless you know somebody who could line something up for you.

Guest i8grand

Yea, I know what you mean by not being able to gauruntee me I'd get work when I go over. I'm just worried that I wouldn't be able to get work and I'm still in the process of working out how much I will need to take with me, I'm hoping most of my money will come from work over there but I will obviously need a start up fund!

Also, are there any recommendations of rural places I should look into?

Guest Eesha

hi, i just got here in Aus a month ago. i'm an Electrical Engineer and seeking a job. believe me, it's not that easy getting one. besides it depends what kinda job you're looking for. initially you'll be funding yourself. i've applied and registered myself with different companies but all of them ask for experience. the only tough part is getting into some organization. if you're lucky enough, you might get a chance soon, if not, you might have to wait for a few months.

Archived