Electricians needed for service and construction work

SJInstinct

Hi everyone,

I work in HR for Instinct Electrical on Sydney's lovely Northern Beaches. We are looking to hire (at this stage but might be more) two qualified Electricians. One for the construction side of our business and one to work on service projects. Below is the job description. Our website is www.instinctelectrical.com.au for more info about the kind of projects we work on.

As a business, we are just about to register as a 457 sponsor, so before we start trawling through the expressions of interest on the immigration website, I thought I might put this out on the forum to see if anyone would be interested in talking to us about these positions. You can contact me at SJ@instinctelectrical.com.au.

Thanks!

Electricians Needed

Want to work with a company that prides itself on working on the most innovative, interesting and varied projects in Sydney?

Instinct requires an Electrician on a full time basis to work with a team delivering service or construction projects.

Instinct provides excellence and quality in electrical, home automation and audio visual solutions, offering tailor made, bespoke solutions to both commercial and residential customers.

Based in Brookvale on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, and renowned for our service, we break the mold of the typical tradesperson, developing long lasting relationships with our clients and service partners. Instinct is committed to a learning environment for employees to develop and grow based on our values of teamwork, adaptability, ingenuity, reliability, excellence and integrity.

Position description

• Completion of all electrical and ELV work as directed by Site Foreman/service co-ordinator
  • Completion of Electrician (Service) tasks as necessary
  • Ad hoc mentoring and training of apprentices as required
  • Take a flexible, hands-on approach when completing construction tasks to meet deadlines
  • Communicating effectively with Construction/Service Manager and Site Foreman
  • Participate and contribute to regular meetings with construction team to discuss progress, process improvement and any other related issues
  • Taking a proactive approach staying knowledgeable and current about the latest technology

Essential Criteria

Licensed Electrician (Qualified Supervisor or Contractors license)

2 years plus of experience in the construction industry

Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude

Punctual, hardworking individual with excellent communication skills

Current driver’s license

Ability to mentor and train Apprentice Electricians

Desirable Criteria

Experience of home automation

Austel license

Security license

To apply, please email your resume and a covering letter to sj@instinctelectrical.com.au

• 2 months later...

Hi, just come across your post about electricians jobs. We ve just got our 189 skilled visas last month (still in England at the moment). We did the visas on my skills (teaching). My husband is a qualified electrician and has all the quals for domestic, technical installations, testing and inspection etc. he and his brother ran their own business until my husband left to work for the aerospace industry ( we had our little one on the way and he wanted more secure work!!!) when we looked into who should be the main app on our visas we decided not to use him as he had a gap in working as an electrician due to his new job. My question is; is it worth applying even though he has the skills, but has nt had them assessed, but has qualifications and experience, even though not recent???

thanks

kate

Hi, just come across your post about electricians jobs. We ve just got our 189 skilled visas last month (still in England at the moment). We did the visas on my skills (teaching). My husband is a qualified electrician and has all the quals for domestic, technical installations, testing and inspection etc. he and his brother ran their own business until my husband left to work for the aerospace industry ( we had our little one on the way and he wanted more secure work!!!) when we looked into who should be the main app on our visas we decided not to use him as he had a gap in working as an electrician due to his new job. My question is; is it worth applying even though he has the skills, but has nt had them assessed, but has qualifications and experience, even though not recent???

thanks

kate

Someone more knowledgeable will answer this better but as far as I know, he has to get an 'A' license to be a fully qualified sparkie over here. Check this thread for more information: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/49852-electricians-thread.html

Why would you need to look into being a sponsor? There are hundreds of fully licences electricians looking for work just now surely you can find someone local? And if they are still available 3 months later something must be a bit strange??