Air Freight/ shipping without a container

tonks

We're planning way ahead as we want to start budgeting now. I've been looking into shipping our house contents and see a lot of people say not to bother and just buy new if we can afford it, but what about personal items that won't fit in a suitcase? We have some really big pictures of our children that cost a fortune and won't be able to go in our suitcase, we'd eat to bring them. We also have a lot of books and other personal items, and I know my husband won't leave his TV and set up (his other baby). Plus a few sentimental toys. What would be the best way to send those items? I've looked into air freight briefly and I've heard you can get creates on a container, but is it cost affective?

You can ship a few boxes, you don't have to have a full container. We didn't bring any furniture but sent kitchen ware, personal stuff, kids toys etc in a shared container and this worked great for us.

In all the years ive been on the forum im not sure ive seen anyone use air freight when migrating,so id presume its not cost effective.

Cal x

Don't go air freight, would be expensive. Look at shipping the boxes via sea or using a small Move Cube perhaps. We used a large one and did not ship much furniture at all but did ship all our personal effects.

• 1 month later...

Using Anglo Pacific to bring my stuff from the UK to Brisbane. I've just rung them and it hasn't left the UK yet, although was packed up 5 weeks ago and I was assured by the assessor when he came out to price the move, that Anglo have ships leaving all the time. I shared a container as didn't have enough for a whole container. Not real happy with how things are going, sent emails on a couple of occasions to them and they didn't even bother to reply.

Should have gone with the other lot!!

He Better Check To see If His TV will work in Australia.It will have to be INTERNATIONAL. If It's only tuned for the UK it won't work without a set box top.To Pick up Aussie Signals that are not that reliable,Depending where you live the TV keeps Dropping Out. NO SIGNAL.

• 4 weeks later...
Using Anglo Pacific to bring my stuff from the UK to Brisbane. I've just rung them and it hasn't left the UK yet, although was packed up 5 weeks ago and I was assured by the assessor when he came out to price the move, that Anglo have ships leaving all the time. I shared a container as didn't have enough for a whole container. Not real happy with how things are going, sent emails on a couple of occasions to them and they didn't even bother to reply.

Should have gone with the other lot!!

We used Anglo Pacific last year to ship 10 boxes to Sydney. We strategically planned it so that it would arrive before us & it arrived 6 weeks after us & so many products were smashed & broken. We did end up getting a full refund but we had to fight tooth & nail to get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would certainly recommend a movecube and brought our key items including the TV! It doesnt work on picking up FTA channels, but we use a setup box provided for free by optus- - you can buy setup boxes for a lot less than a new TV.

checkout my movecube thread here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/235966-movecube-ala-tetris.html