Mobile contracts - Lots of data

The Raillys

So I have looked and looked and known in Australia seems to offer unlimited data on a mobile contract!

I have been on 3 in the Uk and have got so used to "all I can eat" Was hoping there was something similar in Oz.

I have just had a look at my data usage for this month and it is 43GB! ouch.

Anyone know any good data heavy plans in OZ?

Thanks

I don't stream videos! I receive a lot of large emails for work, and that is the only thing I can think. I use spotify- but download a lot of the playlists when at home. hmmm. I guess this is the trouble with unlimited. I just use it with no idea where it is all going too.

Most "unlimited" mobile contracts will also have a caveat about their "fair usage policy", so if you end up using much more data than what the telco offers as "unlimited", then they'll throttle you back or ultimately terminate. Also, some are advertised as an "unlimited" plan but it's only the calls and texts that are offered as unlimited, data is limited.

At the time i took out my contract with Virgin, their "unlimited" plan at the time gave me unlimited calls and texts, but only 6gb.

You should be able to find some large-data sim-only plans.

edited - just checked my telco for the first time since i took out my contract; $50pm, unlimited calls and texts and 12gb - sim-only. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find better offers than that.

Edited by Suzukiscottie

• 1 month later...