100 points of ID evidence

JEM44

Apologies if this has been asked before, (I have searched and can't find the answer) lots of rental posts mention needing to show 100 points worth of evidence, so my question is, what makes up the 100 points? And do just one of us need 100 points worth or do both my husband and I need 100 points each?

Thanks

Laura

If you are both named on the lease, then you'll both need the 100 points. Its perfectly normal, shows you are in the system and they can search it and find you.

Its very simple to gain. Passport, Aus drivers licence and a medicare or bank card will suffice. Chances are two of those may clock up enough points. I can't remember what each one is worth. If not then having the 3 should do it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_point_check

This list is slight;y easier to read.

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=34472

If you are both renting, then you'll probably both need the 100 points worth of ID. Most rental documents tell you how to make up the 100 points, don't they? Ours always have.

Good luck!

Yes, UK pp will be fine. I used mine as part of my 100 points to get my Aus DL.

Snifter, I hadn't thought about what I would need to get my Aussie license. If we don't have bank accounts when we first get there, other than UK passport, what other documents did you use for the additional points?

Thanks

Snifter, I hadn't thought about what I would need to get my Aussie license. If we don't have bank accounts when we first get there, other than UK passport, what other documents did you use for the additional points?

Thanks

I'd open an Aus account online before you leave the UK and have some funds in it ready to go when you arrive. They just go collect your cards and stuff in the first couple of days after arriving and you've your debit cards good to go.

This one isn't accepted. It's got to be issued in Oz

Johndoe, I get that to apply for rental properties etc that for the 100 points I need an Aus driving license, but for the 100 points for changing my UK license to an Aus license, I assume from the post above that I can use my UK passport and UK driving license, then once I have my Aus license, I am good to go with the 100 points.

Johndoe, I get that to apply for rental properties etc that for the 100 points I need an Aus driving license, but for the 100 points for changing my UK license to an Aus license, I assume from the post above that I can use my UK passport and UK driving license, then once I have my Aus license, I am good to go with the 100 points.

You don't need an Aus licence to reach 100 points.

UK licence 25 points

Passport 70 points

Any of these are relatively easy to obtain/already have

Medicare card 25 points

Letter containing the Medicare card 25 points

Bank card 25 points

Credit card 25 points

Bank letter /statement 25 points

Job contract 25 points

Rental agreement 25 points

Qualification certificates 25 points

Apologies if this has been asked before, (I have searched and can't find the answer) lots of rental posts mention needing to show 100 points worth of evidence, so my question is, what makes up the 100 points? And do just one of us need 100 points worth or do both my husband and I need 100 points each?

Thanks

Laura

When you pick up your application form from the agent they will list the accepted document and the points they represent on the last page, for each agent it can be slightly different.

lots of rental posts mention needing to show 100 points worth of evidence, so my question is, what makes up the 100 points? And do just one of us need 100 points worth or do both my husband and I need 100 points each?

Each adult proposing to live in the rental needs to fill out a separate application form, and provide 100 points each.

So yes 100 points from you and also 100 points from your husband.

The points are similar to the points needed when opening a bank account.

For example:

Drivers License = 40 points

ID Card = 40 points

Birth Certificate = 30 points

Passport = 30 points

I recently went through this process. There are quite a few other options given for "proving who you are"; but I cannot remember exactly what they are now.

Have a read of the following......although it says "payslip mandatory".......I certainly didn't use a payslip on my last application.

http://www.tenancycheck.com.au/tenancy-forms/rental-application-forms.dot

When you pick up your application form from the agent they will list the accepted document and the points they represent on the last page, for each agent it can be slightly different.

This is 100% correct.

On my recent rental search each Real Estate Agent had slightly different ID options listed.

It is very easy to reach the 100 points and is not even worth stressing over.

A passport, a birth certificate, a drivers license or proof of age card, will pretty much cover it (or at least get you to 90) in most cases.

This one isn't accepted. It's got to be issued in Oz

You can go into a RTA and apply for a Proof of ID card upon arrival in the country.

Actually known as a "photo identification card", and it is for people who don't have an Australian drivers license.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/licence/nsw-photo-card.html

These ID cards are accepted by Real Estate Agents for the 100 point ID in lieu of drivers licenses

• 3 months later...

ok slight hijack here, but I've been searching and don't want to open a new thread.

Looking at how to apply for driving licence at vic roads, within days of our arrival in March.

To help with ID points etc. But it seems they want proof of address !!. How to get around that,

as we will only be in a temp rental ?

to help with id for rentals, buying car etc.

One way ticket this time, so started to worry about detail now.:yes:

It's very unlikely you'll need it for ID, your passport counts for a lot of points and even though agents vary their requirements a bit, it's unlikely you'll have trouble meeting them even without a Victorian driver's licence. You do need a local driving licence to buy a car in some states, but unless it's changed recently, there's no such requirement in Victoria - you just need to show them the money!!