Plumbing my UK washing machine

nic1171

I brought my UK washing machine over and while it was fine connecting the water supply taps the drainage part is causing a problem. My UK hose is approx 2cm diameter but the Aus waste pipe is only 1cm. I went to Bunnings but they couldn't help other than to advise buying a whole new hose which I did but am struggling to remove the old one.

What did others folks do?

If you have a laundry room sink there is usually a place in one corner of the sink where you can put the hose, though I am not keen on that due to chances of the hose slipping out and from a visual side of things too. beware of reducing the size of the hose as this could cause problems to the machine when it is pumping out. What I did was install another trap and vertical open ended pipe by cutting into the existing sink waste pipe as low as possible under the laundry tub, cut a hole in the side of the unit and fed the waste pipe through and into the open ended pipe, all hid away looking neat.

Maybe some plumbers on here will have some other ideas.

Good luck

Have you checked the top of your laundry tub for the opening? it has sometimes got a cover over it.

It's not that technical really, I learnt to do it through necessity many years ago (could not afford plumber) and where there's a will there's a way!

I would still be wary of a plumber if he is just reducing the size of the hose from the machine, can you checkout with the manufacturer or on a forum site? or let me know of the make and model and I will try to look for you.

Unfortunately no triangle thing Cal.

Keith it's a bush but what I'm just gonna try and do is use what I call gaffa tape to try and secure the end of the hose to the waste pipe. I disconnected the waste attachment at the back of the machine but the hose appeRed to go way down deep and looks like I would have to take the back of the machine off! Well bugga that will just try strong tape! I'm only in a rental so don't want to be cutting pipes, just hopefully won't flood place! Thanks for replies folks