If I didn't have complete faith in God, I would think the world was conspiring to stop us going! After a very bizarre weekend, when our buyers pulled out on the day of exchange (second time), we had no choice but to cancel our shipping order. Within half an hour, a wealthy friend had come to our rescue, bought the house, given us his word that it would be done and dusted with the legals and so on. (You might think we are mad - you are absolutely right!) We then had to painstakingly wait over the extended Bank Holiday weekend, to see if it would be possible to reinstate the shipping order. So, at 8am on Tuesday, not knowing whether we would be packing or not, John Mason (removals) rang to say there was a crew on standby.
I snapped up the offer and they arrived outside the house an hour (yes, 1 hour!) later, and spent Tuesday and Wednesday packing all our worldy goods and chattels. The container arrived on schedule at 1pm only to realise that a neighbour had parked stupidly and buggered off to Spain on holiday, thus blocking our access! We managed to negotiate with the local builders' yard and parked the container there. The removals men then had to load up one lorry and drive to the builders' yard to transfer the stuff. The container was inspected and, for the first time in the removers' 22 years of work, the container had to be rejected, because it did not appear to be water tight! The scheule was shot to pieces, another container ordered and the upshot of it all is that the builders' yard had to close and our stuff was transferred to the container in a lay-by about 3 miles from home!
However, the container's on it's way now and we can all breath a sigh of relief. Needless to say, we feel as if we've been once in the washing machine, long spun and pegged out to dry!
Sorry this is such a long post but I needed to write it down to believe it :!: