GP Hand over files?

BeckiBoo

Hi All! :smile:

I'm about to request hand over files from our GP. My question is 'How much information do i need from these files?'

I have four children 13,11,10,9, three of which are adopted and their files are huge but mostly will be LAC medicals not illnesses. I really don't want to pay

for what i don't need either :mad:

All the children are healthy,although the youngest has asthma and eczema so i know i need that kind of info, do i just ask for the last few years (since adoption order)?

Also what about myself, I'm healthy, haven't been to my GP for a long time, never had anything serous (touch wood and all that!) what would i be requesting for?

Sorry if this has already been asked!

Thanks in advance Xx

You do not need to bring medical records for yourself,so save your money (most Dr's will charge you for them).

You do need to bring the children's Red Books (innoculations record) so they can see your children received their jabs, you will also have to take them to get a few different jabs once here, as Australia insist on some injections that the UK don't. They are free of charge to get so it will not cost you anything.

Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Thank You for your speedy response Cal!! This helps loads :yes:

Yes your right the GP charges a lot of money indeed for each of us!

I will just get their immunizations then, as i'm sure you can imagine their red books are poor with the important information! :mad:

Thank you again

Becki Xx

• 2 weeks later...