Ulcerative Colitis

JULIE RYCROFT

Guest Guest66881
I have just been offered a job sponsor as a nurse in Perth, but my only worry is that my partner has Ulcerative Colitis and Im concerned that he will fail the medical. Does anyone else know of this happening to anybody. Its the only thing that could stop us from goin. Im worries sick

Hi, You both have nothing to worry about.

He will not fail the medical on the grounds of ulcerative colitis, as i have the same condition and have had it for over fifteen years now, not the best of conditions when flare ups happen, but very manageable, the colazide tablets are available here also, but expect to pay a lot more than what you are paying in the uk for them.

When was your OH's last camera done, they might ask for an up to date consultants report if not been done for a while.

Good luck.

Hi, You both have nothing to worry about.

He will not fail the medical on the grounds of ulcerative colitis, as i have the same condition and have had it for over fifteen years now, not the best of conditions when flare ups happen, but very manageable, the colazide tablets are available here also, but expect to pay a lot more than what you are paying in the uk for them.

When was your OH's last camera done, they might ask for an up to date consultants report if not been done for a while.

Good luck.

Hi thanks for your reply, he has been in infliximab for over 12 months now and has had regular scopes, he has spoken to the consultant and told them about Australia and they have said he will have his last infliximab next month then they will try him with just his oral meds and scope him again, iv not heared of colazide, hes been on mezavant. He just need to be controlling it on his medication

Guest Guest66881

Generic Name: Balsalazide sodium

Product Name: Colazide

I take two a day have done for years only had three flare ups in the last eight years so been really lucky.

• 2 months later...
I have just been offered a job sponsor as a nurse in Perth, but my only worry is that my partner has Ulcerative Colitis and Im concerned that he will fail the medical. Does anyone else know of this happening to anybody. Its the only thing that could stop us from goin. Im worries sick

Obtain an authoritative opinion about the prognosis and the likely cost to the Australian taxpayer.

Thanks Julie, my husband has been invited to apply for the 189 visa. He takes Mezavent and Mercaptopurine and has been stable for 5 years but I still don't know if we need to be worried about him passing the medical. We are also looking at Perth xx

• 5 months later...
I have Ulcerative Colitis and no worries with the medical. It's just to check for any infectious diseases!

I am trying to work out how I will get my medication there though.

Any ideas?

Go to your GP. He will write you a script. Go to the pharmacy. Give them the script. They give you the meds. Pay for the meds.