when is best time to book / fly to perth?

jbmanc

Im planning on coming over in ajn 2017, will be staying woith family for one monbth then travelling around/working etc

been told the week between xmas and new year is the best time to travel?

I need cheap flights with emirites, wouldnt mind direct flight?

cheers

Im planning on coming over in ajn 2017, will be staying woith family for one monbth then travelling around/working etc

cheers

Xmas - New Year is the busiest travel time in Australia: schools are on summer holidays and many businesses close for their annual holidays then. Having said that, Xmas Day itself is quiet...most people want to be with their families then and not on the move.

You need a cheap flight with Emirates - from where??? If you are coming from the UK you'll have to stop in Dubai.

If you are coming from the Uk look at flights which are actually in the air on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or the midnight New Years Eve/New Years Day spot. They are often the cheapeast because people don't want to fly on the actual day, they want to spend it with people.

Otheriwse wait till prices drop on the 15/16th Jan.

Emirates 'direct' flights involve a transit stop in Dubai with two security searches and snooty unhelpful staff -but you have to transit somewhere, no plane can fly direct non-stop.

Guest The Pom Queen

I'm not sure about coming this way but we found that flights up until the 29th November were the cheapest and then after the 29th January. Our original return flight was New Years Day and that was a good price.

I agree with the Pom queen. We have always booked to fly when flights were cheap. The first time we went we came over end of October and second time was very end of January. I would imagine between Christmas and New Years to be expensive unless you fly on actual Christmas day as its the holidays for both countries.

cheers

November

Weather is good, winter over but not too hot

Flights are cheap, use flight scanner to pick best days

Flights are empty, you can often get four seats to yourself if you are travelling alone.

If not Nov, late Oct and march aren't bad, but avoid Easter.