Etihad

Guest51810

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend pointed out to me that they are still 6th in the world or something like that. So i'm sure i'll get there in one piece and it'll be fine. Plus I cant exactly complain with the price they are coming in at. I was just surprised at some of the reviews and I wondered if they were worse than I thought. Tbh if I wasn't thinking of a stopover then i'd probably just pay the £50 extra for Singapore airlines but I looked into the stopover with them and it was quite a lot more expensive to do it.

We flew Etihad for our activation trip and hated it, having flown many many airlines they were not helpful, food was awful, entertainment was pants. If you have an option of Emirates or Singapore go with them. Even my kids said they'd rather fly Easyjet!!!

Has anybody used them? I thought I had read some good reviews on here about them but websites like skytrax aren't very complimentary... Although I can't complain about the price

My friend Alex flies with them all the time. But if you want to get here in the quickest possible time, fly BA/Qantas!

My friend Alex flies with them all the time. But if you want to get here in the quickest possible time, fly BA/Qantas!

Why are BA/Qantas quickest? It is down to how long your stop over isn't it? I recently flew with Emirates and only had a 1 hour 40 minute stop over which was not long.

I flew from Manchester to Sydney via Abu Dhabi with Etihad a few days ago. First time I've used them.

Planes were new, food was fine, and the digital entertainment system was decent, although with much reduced choice of movies compared to Emirates.

Good headphones though, which comes in useful if you're trying to block out the sound of screaming and vomiting infants on a 13-hours flight.

Actually it's saying the singapore airlines one is operated by BA.

Edit - Oh no I think that's just to london. Silly me

The Ethiad flight is a good time to arrive in Sydney - 1905. I might be able to come and pick you up, but not 'early' - ie before noon - in the morning! I don't know what I'll be doing in November, but if I'm free, I might be able to pick you up!

You could have a stop over, you know, a couple of nights, or more to break up the flight to Australia. I don't always do it, but you get a chance to see somewhere else, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.

Check out Asiana too. The last time I flew from England, the last time I flew anywhere, was with them. They are South Korean airline, and I liked my flight with them.

Edited by MARYROSE02

The Ethiad flight is a good time to arrive in Sydney - 1905. I might be able to come and pick you up, but not 'early' - ie before noon - in the morning! I don't know what I'll be doing in November, but if I'm free, I might be able to pick you up!

You could have a stop over, you know, a couple of nights, or more to break up the flight to Australia. I don't always do it, but you get a chance to see somewhere else, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.

Check out Asiana too. The last time I flew from England, the last time I flew anywhere, was with them. They are South Korean airline, and I liked my flight with them.

That's such a lovely offer Dave - cheers for offering :) Im just waiting to get a email back from immi before I book a flight but I think I'm going to stopover in singapore for a few nights if the Seats are still available. If I do that then I'll be in sydney at lunchtime on the Friday so that's quite a good time. Means I can dump my bags and explore

That's such a lovely offer Dave - cheers for offering :) Im just waiting to get a email back from immi before I book a flight but I think I'm going to stopover in singapore for a few nights if the Seats are still available. If I do that then I'll be in sydney at lunchtime on the Friday so that's quite a good time. Means I can dump my bags and explore

I'll see what I'm doing closer to the date. Just don't ask me to lift any of those bags, unless they are under ten kilos. I am a wimp when it comes to lifting anything heavier than a feather!

As long as the airline has a good safety record I would not worry in general about people's reviews. Some people moan about the smallest of things. I have flown Malaysia, Emirates and Royal brunei and had no issues with any of these airlines :-)

Yes, I've flown with those airlines also Qantas, British Airways and many others. You know what - apart from some superficial differences they are all much of a muchness. They get you from A to B. It's not comfortable, you have to listen to screeching kids and the food's pretty ordinary - unless you fly business or first class. Mind you I'm one of those grumpy old women who can't stand airports and flying.

They are fairly middle of the road (not in same league as Singapore but better than China Southern, etc)

but as someone else put it they will get you from A to B. Their safety record is flawless.

If you are entertaining flying Scoot from Singapore to Australia why the concerns over Etihad?

Personally, I would do the Asia bit on the way back. Get yourself to Australia and your belongings without the hassle. By all means have a 24hr stop in my opinion....but if you get a single you can do all this stuff on way back. Just my opinion.

Haha don't worry my ideas go full circles like everyday. Well on the way home I wanted to do thailand and New Zealand if I can afford it. I only really thought about singapore because I noticed a cheap flight and then remembered people use it as a stopover. It looked ideal as in busy enough for me but probably safer than Bangkok. I guess I've got another little while to move my arse and decide! I'm hoping immi email me back next week