Qatar airlines

fifi69

Some useless info.

flew to the uk with them last Thursday. Wasn't v impressed tbh. Used to think they were really good, but they seem to have really cut back, with service going downhill. Just things like less food, replacing a hot meal with a choice of crisps n chocs. Took ages to take trays away. Rubbish inflight entertainment.

the worst thing for me though, when you used to ask for a wine, you would get a small bottle, now they pour you a tiny drop lol.

I do prefer Doha airport over Dubai though, a lot less busy, more seats, a more relaxing stopover.

Today I had to change my return date and airport with them. Before I left perth, the flight centre wanted to charge me $240, doing it myself from this end cost £68, which I didn't think was too bad.

Im not saying I wouldn't fly Qatar again, but only if they were a lot cheaper than the others.

Its the luck of the draw, I booked my flight back in Jan, my daughter booked a flight back about two months ago, she got hers cheaper. Today she left perth with etithad airlines, she got four seats to herself!!

So that's one airline I'll avoid booking with!Not nice replacing a meal with crisps and choc either.I usually don't mind airline food,and it breaks the monotony of the journey.Hate Dubai airport so I won't fly that route again in a hurry.Im going the opposite way soon,but I'll book my flight with Emirates.Really enjoyed my flight last year,and their entertainment is really fab.Glad you made it safely back though Fifi,and hope you enjoy your holiday.

Interesting post, thanks for sharing. Never flown with them but I'd heard good things about them! Think I'll be sticking with Singapore Airlines :)

Don't get me wrong their not awful....just I was a bit shocked at how much they had changed in the few years since I had used them.

Had flown with them quite a bit before and thought they were great. Now I would put them as average.

Was also a bit surprised that they used the Dreamliner on the shorter flight, would have been nice on the longer one.

Today I had to change my return date and airport with them. Before I left perth, the flight centre wanted to charge me $240, doing it myself from this end cost £68, which I didn't think was too bad.

I hope those members who slavishly repeat the mantra that Flight Centre give you the cheapest prices are reading this.

The Middle Eastern airlines all start out the same, but then have to cut back in areas to remain competitive once they already have built a reputation. The reality is most airlines are much of a muchness, and it's really down to the individual crews. Doesn't matter which airline you fly with, if you get a bad crew then you will not be happy. Most airlines only get one chance as the average punter perhaps flies once or twice a year longhaul.

I fly regularly to Europe though work, and find pro's and con's with all the airlines. BA from Sydney is pretty much the worst for service and quality, but the fastest. The Middle Eastern and Asian airlines are much the same in economy, the only real differences come into play in business class and above.

Thanks for sharing the info, it wasn't useless at all! We usually use Emirates who I think are pretty unfriendly but they do have great in-flight entertainment. I'm hoping to fly back later this year so will check up on how competitively priced they are versus Singapore Airlines and Etihad.

Cheers, Susie

Thanks for sharing the info, it wasn't useless at all! We usually use Emirates who I think are pretty unfriendly but they do have great in-flight entertainment. I'm hoping to fly back later this year so will check up on how competitively priced they are versus Singapore Airlines and Etihad.

Cheers, Susie

I've always found them great. But I wish Dubai airport was more child friendly.

Bah! I dislike Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha..however have to suck it up with one of them again. Was going to fly Finnair, but then read reviews of them elsewhere and changed my mind. Have flown with most of the airlines. I would never fly Cathay Pacific again, seats are so tiny.

So it will be Singapore (very expensive), Emirates (a tad less than very expensive) or Etihad, (expensive). Overall, I like Emirates though, as they give a decent service. I choose these ones as they fly to Manchester. You think you have a choice of airlines but in reality no, all this code share stuff makes it kind of irrelevant.

I guess these days, I go for safety and comfort rather than cheap. Its quite expensive buying tickets this end though? Off to pay for my ticket tomorrow :)

Bah! I dislike Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha..however have to suck it up with one of them again. Was going to fly Finnair, but then read reviews of them elsewhere and changed my mind. Have flown with most of the airlines. I would never fly Cathay Pacific again, seats are so tiny.

So it will be Singapore (very expensive), Emirates (a tad less than very expensive) or Etihad, (expensive). Overall, I like Emirates though, as they give a decent service. I choose these ones as they fly to Manchester. You think you have a choice of airlines but in reality no, all this code share stuff makes it kind of irrelevant.

I guess these days, I go for safety and comfort rather than cheap. Its quite expensive buying tickets this end though? Off to pay for my ticket tomorrow :)

Yes Emirates for me also brilliant service from Manchester ..Dubai..Sydney / ....flew from Melbourne to Dubai with Qantas.. omg that was bad old plane... service was bad and the staff couldn't be bothered!!!