Short stopovers

kateNollie

Found flights back to the uk with a 55min stopover in Singapore.

Is is that long enough to get off and back on again? We have a 4 year old with us. What happens if the first flight is late and we miss the connection. Do we have to pay for the next flight? Would it even be possible to get on the next one. Are these flights usually fully booked from sing to Heathrow?

Thanks

Is is that long enough to get off and back on again? We have a 4 year old with us. What happens if the first flight is late and we miss the connection. Do we have to pay for the next flight? Would it even be possible to get on the next one. Are these flights usually fully booked from sing to Heathrow?

Thanks

I really wouldn't take a flight with such a short stopover, I have had a 90 minute connection time in the past and that is pretty stressful when it is just me and no 4 year old in tow. If you are delayed it is stressful and you will need to clear security to board the second flight. If it is one ticket and you miss your connection, then they will put you on another flight for no charge, but if the following flights are full, you are just going to have to wait. Don't do it, is my advice.

I personally wouldn't want such a short gap on long-haul (or even short haul to be honest). It would only need a delayed take off for the first flight to completely mess up the second flight.

It's well below the recommended connection time and Singapore is a pretty big airport to have to navigate around.

As long as its a flight booked from start to Finish, then no probs your covered..

that is a short time though....worst that will happen, you will miss your connecting flight, then you just need to que up at info desk and they will n will book you on the next one. If they can't get you on a flight the same day , they will put you up in a hotel and provide you with the min amenities ie pjs, toothbrush n paste, vouchers for food n drink.

You can also refuse to go with the flights they try n book you.

we booked n payed for 5 star carriers, but after we missed our flights, they tried to put us on 4 star carriers I refused, said I paid for 5star and wouldn't go on anything less lol.

it worked, and we had lovely flights

Thanks

As far as I can work out the minimum legal connection time at SIN, if you're flying on Singapore Airlines (both flights) is 50 mins. Therefore the airline will sell you a 55 minute connection. As has been mentioned, if for reasons caused by the airline you miss the connection you are fully protected and will be looked after. Whether you want to attempt the 55 minute connection is another matter - what is the next shortest connection time available to you?

The other thing that can happen with such a connection so close to the minimum connecting time is that a very trivial schedule change some time before travel can make it illegal...again in that case the airline will be obliged to re-book you on to a legal connection.