Shortest flights and stopovers to get to Perth!

paddymacs

Hoping someone has done this. We are leaving at end of September and will fly through Abu Dhabi and onto Perth no problem with it BUT my mother who wants to follow us out for Christmas on holiday for 3 months hates long flights can anyone suggest alternative routes and flights that are 4-5 hours they are happy to do stop overs. I know Singapore to Perth is just over 5 hours but no ideas where to start thought someone else may have done it as I'm sure she is not alone.

Thanks in advance

It would get more expensive - significantly - as you add legs to get shorter legs. It may be worth looking at just doing a part upgrade. You can often just upgrade one leg of a flight for a fraction of the cost of a normal full business class flight.

The issue you would have is if you wanted to do say, london to Dubai. Then, emirates, would be the way. Then, you could do emirates Dubai to Singapore. But, you cant do emirates Singapore to Perth. So, would need to change career. Making it expensive

We did Manchester to Tokyo then Singapore then Perth - I can't remember the flight times but none more than 8 hours I think.

We did it on a 'round the world' ticket but then next leg was Sydney, Auckland, LA, Manchester.

Fun if you're a traveller but unless there are health reasons contraindicating long flights I'd say the Dubai/Abu Dhabi routes are the easiest.

On a budget we flew with Sri Lankan airlines from London to Columbo, Sri Lanka then KL to Perth with Air Asia which breaks it up a bit more.

It would get more expensive - significantly - as you add legs to get shorter legs. It may be worth looking at just doing a part upgrade. You can often just upgrade one leg of a flight for a fraction of the cost of a normal full business class flight.

The issue you would have is if you wanted to do say, london to Dubai. Then, emirates, would be the way. Then, you could do emirates Dubai to Singapore. But, you cant do emirates Singapore to Perth. So, would need to change career. Making it expensive

There are lots of budget flights from Singapore to Perth though so Emirates to Singapore and say Air Asia to Perth could well be cheaper than Emirates through to Perth.

Hoping someone has done this. We are leaving at end of September and will fly through Abu Dhabi and onto Perth no problem with it BUT my mother who wants to follow us out for Christmas on holiday for 3 months hates long flights can anyone suggest alternative routes and flights that are 4-5 hours they are happy to do stop overs. I know Singapore to Perth is just over 5 hours but no ideas where to start thought someone else may have done it as I'm sure she is not alone.

Your best bet cost-wise is a "Round the World" ticket, but it does mean she'd have to go home via the US (you have to keep going in the same direction).

London - Dubai or Abu Dhabi - Singapore or KL - Perth is the only option I can think of, ask a travel agent and see what they can come up with.

Tell your mother in law it's the only route and she will have a long stopover. With a bit of luck she might change her mind about coming.:wink:

I think going via Abu Dhabi is the quickest way with the shortest stop over. We went with Singapore last year and they took a flight off. Turned a couple of hours stopover into a 9 hour. They gave us a room in the airport hotel and there's a nice pool and bar on the airport roof where we killed a bit of time. It wasn't too bad getting off the plane and having a break actually. Might not suite you MIL though.

Great idea about upgrade for one part of the journey thank you!