Question re flights?

cathy99

Hi can anyone tell me the cheapest way to visit home (uk) please? Is it cheaper to get a return from oz or buy it from the uk?

I'm hoping to return next july for about 5 weeks and was hoping that i could save enough to buy a single home then once in the uk buy a return back here so we've always got a return back to the uk, but not sure if this is the cheapest way to go about it! Cheers :0)

Not sure people say it is cheaper to buy a return from UK and use it like that but I didn't find it so. Those open tickets are more expensive than fixed date ones, so in the end it can cost more.

Just shop around and be flexible on dates and you can get a good price. We are in UK at the moment and the price was similar to when we booked for our son to come other way round earlier in the year.

We got a return ticket for just £750 each with Emirates which was not much more than a one way fare. Although we specified a return date next April, there is the option to amend the return date for £50 fee which we thought was cheaper than a one way fare from Oz. We booked through ebookers.