Etihad Airways and Abu Dhabi Airport

HappyHeart

I found them a bit 'meh.' Nothing overly spectacular. I thought the seats were a bit cramped/small, especially compared to the qantas A380. I also had a 7 hr layover in Abu Dhabi during Ramadan, so eating and drinking was 'frowned upon.' The airport seemed to be full of very expensive shops and not much else. I'd prefer to go through HK or Singapore.

I found them a bit 'meh.' Nothing overly spectacular. I thought the seats were a bit cramped/small, especially compared to the qantas A380. I also had a 7 hr layover in Abu Dhabi during Ramadan, so eating and drinking was 'frowned upon.' The airport seemed to be full of very expensive shops and not much else. I'd prefer to go through HK or Singapore.

I'm kind of expecting an 'average experience'..I'm wondering what the seats are like as they don't recline as normal apparently, have this cradle recline feature which some say reduces leg room further

http://www.abudhabiairport.ae/english/airport-information/airport-facilities/airport-lounges/

Thought so - see the detail re the Al Reem and Al Dhabi lounges. A bit more cost wise than I had thought.

AED 150 equals about £25 or A$45.

Best regards.

I had a look at the website this morning but couldn't find pricing details, thanks Alan..I'm hoping there will be some comfy(ish) seating in the airport, will see how tired we are. I think once we've freshened up and had a coffee and a mooch round there won't be a lot of time left to kill..

We flew with them in June and found them to be absolutely fine. The food was good and plentiful, plus the seats I thought were nice and comfy.

We also had 3 hours in Abu Dhabi. We just headed straight for our gate. Didn't particularly like the airport, very crowded, but once we were at the gate there was plenty of seating and it was fine.

Would happily fly with them again :)

We flew with them in June and found them to be absolutely fine. The food was good and plentiful, plus the seats I thought were nice and comfy.

We also had 3 hours in Abu Dhabi. We just headed straight for our gate. Didn't particularly like the airport, very crowded, but once we were at the gate there was plenty of seating and it was fine.

Would happily fly with them again :)

Thanks Besty:)

We flew with Etihad in September. I thought it was ok, the seating is a bit cramped, but not horrendous. Food keeps coming and is ok (my son hated most of it though). AD airport again is ok, it is crowded and you can end up with a pretty long walk to your gate if going between terminals. We had about 3 hour stop over. Enough time for a drink, bite to eat...Ended up in McDonalds (usually hate it) but we were tired and wanted something familiar. Once at the gates there is plenty of comfy seating, even some reclining chairs...lucky to get one mind. Well that was a longer review than intended, but hope it helps. Safe and happy journey.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been looking for flights Glasgow/Edinburgh to Adelaide...in the middle of July (peak holiday season, I know). Etihad seem to be giving me the best prices just now, either booking directly with them or through Flysharp.

Quotes are £995 return..........reckon that is a good price for the time of year?

Been looking for flights Glasgow/Edinburgh to Adelaide...in the middle of July (peak holiday season, I know). Etihad seem to be giving me the best prices just now, either booking directly with them or through Flysharp.

Quotes are £995 return..........reckon that is a good price for the time of year?

Do Qatar fly to Adelaide?? . I've not long booked Perth to Edinburgh for the end of may, and they were the cheapest.

Yeah Etihad and Qatar have just recently started flying from Edinburgh, and both have reasonable flight times, etc.

Skyscanner is the site that keeps throwing up all these "never-before-heard-of" company websites. The deal looks great, but then isn't available when I try to take it further.

I swear the sites can save the.cookies/address of your computer and know that you're visiting 20 times a day...so increase the price more and more!!

Yeah Etihad and Qatar have just recently started flying from Edinburgh, and both have reasonable flight times, etc.

Skyscanner is the site that keeps throwing up all these "never-before-heard-of" company websites. The deal looks great, but then isn't available when I try to take it further.

I swear the sites can save the.cookies/address of your computer and know that you're visiting 20 times a day...so increase the price more and more!!

I think the sites do that, my cousin told me. I've definitely found the prices get more expensive. Try clearing your cookies and see if it makes a difference